Senior Manager, EH&S
Fate Therapeutics is seeking an environmental health and safety (EH&S) professional to oversee our current EH&S programs and to develop and implement EH&S programs and initiatives to ensure compliance with governmental and Company requirements. The successful candidate will have experience developing and managing EH&S programs in an R&D and GMP environment. The successful candidate will lead Company's Safety Committee, Company-wide EH&S training programs, and compliance management for all programs and policies. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director, Facilities and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, California. Primary
- Develops and implements EH&S programs to increase employee awareness and compliance with programs.
- Executes delivery of EH&S programs including, but not limited to, air emissions, storm water, wastewater, pollution prevention, hazardous waste management, and completion of required environmental reports.
- Responsible for EH&S Training including training delivery, management of training system, and coordinating any 3rd party trainings.
- Supports audits and evaluation of current policies, procedures, and documentation to assure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Leads and participates in investigations to effectively identify root cause(s) with applicable corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence (CAPA).
- Influences and collaborates with key stakeholder's cross-functionally across the organization to provide support and assure compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and company EH&S requirements.
- Ability and willingness to respond to emergency situations, as well as ability to analyze situations and provide necessary EH&S leadership on behalf of the Company.
- Develops and manages COVID-19 protocols and procedures for employees and visitors.
- Investigates problems and implements appropriate corrective actions, ensuring staff compliance with the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)s, and authorizing changes in procedures.
- Directs and coordinates EH&S activities to ensure that services are provided on schedule with quality and cost objectives.
- Establishes EH&S policies and delegates responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities to appropriate reports.
- Manages and updates Chemical inventories and/or Risk Group Agent inventories.
- Communicates and enforces laboratory safety rules to internal and external researchers working in the lab.
- Investigate to determine the cause of non-conformances to EH&S policies that are identified, determine and implement corrective action; and follow-up to ensure that the corrective action resolved the problem.
- Maintains a perpetual state of readiness.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in EH&S related discipline, engineering or physical sciences and a minimum of 5 years of related experience in a medical device, biotech/pharmaceutical environment.
- EH&S professional or professional engineer credential from accredited organization (CPEA, AIHA, IHMM, etc.) is desired.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Extensive experience managing direct reports and functional teams and influencing and development of teams.
- Prior experience in development and implementation of corporate EH&S compliance audit program.
- In depth knowledge of EH&S laws, standards, codes and regulatory requirements with experience with federal, California, and New York regulations and agencies.
- In depth knowledge of Laboratory equipment and the operation of R&D Laboratories.
- Strong leadership skills are required to ensure progress and compliance with programs in areas where this role does not directly report. Cross functional teams are required to execute the programs and this role is key to collaboration and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and implement EH&S Management Systems including safety and health programs.
- Strong technical, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with ademonstrated ability to maintain clear, accurate and up-to-date records.
- Self-motivated, flexible, able to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position will require technical work activity in a cleanroom production environment and R&D laboratory environments.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- Must be able to work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers etc. that may require respiratory protection.
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com and reference job code 377GH.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company
dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company's immuno-oncology product candidates include natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell cancer immunotherapies, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor associated antigens with chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). The Company's immuno-regulatory product candidates include ProTmune™, a pharmacologically modulated, donor cell graft that is currently being
evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.