Director, Lead Discovery
About IDEAYA Biosciences:
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage oncology-focused precision medicine company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA recently announced a landmark strategic partnership with GSK in Synthetic Lethality for certain pipeline programs. The GSK partnership is transformative and enables IDEAYA and GSK to collectively build an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated individual with significant pharmaceutical industry experience to join our multidisciplinary team. The successful candidate will lead a group of scientists and provide scientific leadership in biochemistry, biophysics, protein sciences, structural biology and cellular assays to support IDEAYA’S drug discovery programs. This person will play a key role in impacting the drug discovery process through delivering critical data and will be an important opinion leader in project teams. The candidate will also play a key role in the implementation of new technologies and workflows to expand Lead Discovery capabilities.
As a member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team, this person will collaborate with a broad group of scientists within IDEAYA as well as external collaborators.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Biology, or a related discipline with 10+ years small molecule industrial experience with prior experience managing Scientists
- Expertise in in vitro assay development and developing biochemical assays for HTS campaigns
- Thorough understanding of protein expression & purification, and familiar with protein ligand crystallization techniques pertinent to small molecule drug discovery
- Experience with both small-molecule and fragment-based hit finding and optimization strategies
- Understanding of structure-based drug discovery to advance therapeutic programs with a track record of collaboration with medicinal and computational chemists
- Experience and insight with various biochemical and biophysical techniques including Fluorescence-based binding and activity assays, Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) and Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC)
- Proven leadership capability in cross-functional team setting, either as project team leader or co-lead
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to present the rationale, data, issues and accomplishments of the team
- A strong record of delivering portfolio success and driving projects through to the identification of high quality small-molecule drug candidates
- Excellent awareness of current developments in cutting edge technology for in vitro assays, and ability to identify opportunities to advance the science in these fields
- Strong skills in gathering, documenting, and analyzing competitive information from sources such as patents and meetings and using this information to guide program strategy
When you work at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
IDEAYA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, IDEAYA does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vet