Affinia Therapeutics, Inc is a rapidly growing biotech company developing next generation gene therapies. We are backed by a strong syndicate of life science investors and have ambitious plans to positively impact the lives of patients around the world.
As an early employee you will play a key role in setting our culture and values. You will working alongside the founding management team who have a track record of success in the industry. We have an unprecedented library of functional viruses, unique high-throughput screening methods, and vast datasets that are being mined with bioinformatics. The pace of work will be dynamic, fast and fun.
We are looking for a creative, engaging, and collaborative individual to join our Molecular Core Team. You will be part of a group dedicated to the production of small to medium scale (≤ 50L) vector material for preclinical studies to evaluate novel state-of-the-art vectors.
We offer a great culture and competitive compensation and benefits.
- Under the supervision of the Molecular Core Director, spearhead efforts in upstream bioprocess development and execution of vector production from HEK293 cells.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for upstream bioprocess development, working with and managing CMOs.
- Work with the Molecular Core team to support ≤ 50L scale development and production.
- Participate in identifying and incorporating process improvements, including proprietary capsid technology and libraries.
- Write, prepare and present technical data, technical reports and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for internal use and tech transfer.
- Ideally at least a Master’s degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Hands-on tissue culture and bioreactor experience essential.
- Training in cell/biomedical engineering highly desired.
- Deep understanding of cell metabolites and their role in cell growth.
- Production experience from harvest to depth filtration.
EEO Statement: Affinia Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.