Scientist, Analytical Development
Scientist, Analytical Development
Affinia Therapeutics is a rapidly growing biotech company developing next generation gene therapies. We have an unprecedented library of functional viruses, unique high-throughput screening methods, and vast datasets that are being deployed to discover novel gene therapy capsids. We are backed by a strong syndicate of life science investors and have ambitious plans to have a dramatic impact on the lives of patients around the world.
We offer a great culture as well as competitive compensation and benefits.
Affinia Therapeutics is seeking an experienced scientist to join our Analytical Science laboratory team. You will be part of a group dedicated to the advancement of therapeutic products based on vectors derived from our proprietary platform. You will contribute to the development of fit-for-purpose analytical assays to support research, manufacturing and preclinical-stage studies, analyze samples and work cross-functionally with other laboratory groups to transfer methods as needed. As an early employee you will play a key role in setting our culture and values. You will be working alongside the founding management team who have a track record of success in the industry.
This position is located at the Affinia Therapeutics site in Waltham, MA.
- Take a lead role in the development of fit-for-purpose analytical methods using platforms such as ddPCR, qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA, enzyme activity assays, NGS, flow cytometry, mass spectrometry and/or analytical ultracentrifugation.
- Validate select analytical methods for manufacturing, preclinical and clinical use according to appropriate guidelines (GMP, GLP, GCP, ICH, CLSI).
- Oversee transfer of assay methods to cross-functional colleagues and CMO/CRO partners.
- Coordinate method development, validation and testing timelines to meet deadlines for manufacturing and program milestones.
- Contribute to the development and evaluation of novel biomarkers in neuromuscular and neurological disease models.
- Contribute to experimental design to support process development colleagues.
- Perform analysis of manufacturing and preclinical study samples using qualified bioanalytical methods, as needed.
- Provide guidance, mentorship and development opportunities to junior scientists as needed.
- Keep an up-to-date notebook, prepare presentations and provide scientific analysis and recommendations in meetings with senior leadership as needed.
- Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree in a relevant scientific area, with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience in a regulated laboratory environment.
- Previous experience with development and validation of analytical methods.
- Experience in one or more of the listed analytical platforms, with ddPCR and NGS highly preferred.
- A strong record of demonstrating analytical reasoning and creative problem-solving skills in a laboratory environment, including a strong grounding in statistical analysis methods and software.
- Previous experience working in a biosafety level 2 laboratory.
- Previous experience supervising and mentoring junior scientists is strongly preferred.
- Experience with single cell analysis is a plus.
EEO Statement: Affinia Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.