Bioinformatics Systems Specialist
Bioinformatics Systems Specialist
Affinia Therapeutics is rapidly growing biotech company developing transformative gene therapies for devastating diseases. We are backed by a strong syndicate of life science investors and have ambitious plans to have a dramatic impact on the lives of patients around the world.
As an early employee you will play a key role in setting our culture and values. You will be working alongside the founding management team who have a track record of success in the industry. The pace of work will be dynamic, fast and fun.
We are looking for an accomplished Bioinformatics Systems Specialist to
evaluate, develop, validate, implement and support bioinformatics resources. This includes next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis, bioinformatics analysis pipelines, testing/validation scripts, configuration of computational workflows surrounding laboratory processes, as well as setting up and implementing machine learning resources. This professional will consult on process and technology improvements within R&D, Bioinformatics, and IT departments, and will participate in resolution of support requests where computational biology tools are used.
- Provide the design and coding for data input and output, and other mechanisms for integrating computational components, data storage and other elements.
- Work with scientists and IT to identify and implement a robust data management system for data coming out of NGS and other lab experimental processes.
- Design and architect new solutions to enable data visualization, analysis and reporting to support bioinformatics scientists
- Research and recommend innovative new technologies, methods and systems to process, store and visualize data
- Collaborate and interact with scientists and stakeholders to understand the computational setup and processes, and identify opportunities to accelerate their work
- Work with outside collaborators, vendors, and CROs to discover and implement the best technology
- Communicate computational processes and findings via verbal and written communications, visualizations, and presentations.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in technologies that may assist in the completion of an assignment or lead to new products, processes or procedures.
- Collaborate and help develop ML/AI models and technical data strategy, demonstrating technical expertise and thought leadership
- Implement state of the art ML/DL models across variety of data problems
- Help architect & build technical platforms for algorithms to run at scale
- Help organization develop automation tools and novel approaches
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Bioinformatics, or related field, with 3+ years of industry experience. Exceptional candidates with Bachelors degree will be considered if they possess relevant experience.
- Experience architecting robust, maintainable, and scalable multi-tier solutions
- Ability to identify the most impactful new technologies and champion their adoption
- Has expertise in setup and configuration of computational/bioinformatics resources, at both software and hardware level.
- Proficiency in evaluating large-scale datasets.
- Has experience in setting up and configuring cloud computing resources, particularly AWS
- Ability to work independently while also building relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work in a rapidly evolving field.
EEO Statement: Affinia Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.