The Executive Assistant will directly support the CCO, as well as provide general department support. A successful candidate will be extremely well organized, an excellent communicator, capable of effectively coordinating complex schedules, and working closely with other members of the Administrative team to coordinate various activities. Over time, the Executive Assistant will be able to anticipate many of the needs of the team and will be proactive in the execution of those needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary function is to provide administrative support to the CCO and their staff/direct reports
- Represent Rigel with internal and external customers, including field and home office colleagues, as well as influential medical/clinical/scientific thought leaders, in the highest ethical and professional manner
- Maintain complex calendars and coordinate meetings and conferences, both on and off site which may include extensive logistical arrangements depending on the nature of the meeting and attendees
- Coordinate domestic and international meeting logistics and travel arrangements involving multiple locations and individuals; prepare complex itineraries that may often require changes and prepare subsequent final expense reports
- Support internal and external communications in a proactive and timely way ensuring the Commercial team and other stakeholders have the information they need to plan and align their activities appropriately; this will involve extensive collaboration with internal and external contacts and the handling of sensitive and often highly confidential information
- Draft and proofread letters and documents with minimal guidance; format templates, documents and presentations, etc.
- Maintain databases and other documents
- Coordinate onboarding activities for new hires in the Commercial Team
- Perform general administrative functions (answering phone calls, ordering meals, re-stocking supplies in the office and kitchen, coordinating vendors, copying, printing, mailing, FedEx, faxing, scanning and binding, etc.)
- Coordinate administrative and special projects as assigned
- On occasion, may require administrative support during off hours, including weekends, or as emergencies arise
- May provide backup support to the other members of the Administrative team as requested
- Complies with corporate policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 8 years’ progressive administrative support experience with a minimum of 5 years directly supporting C-suite executive
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Experience in the life sciences industry, pharmaceutical or biotechnology preferred
- Experience supporting a commercial department and/or marketing and sales preferred
- Proven intermediate to advanced computer skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and willing to learn new software and manage multiple platforms
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate/manage complex travel schedules and multiple calendars
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proactively approach business needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and be flexible, adjusting priorities and tasks in real time to support the objectives of the departments
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, exhibiting a professional, energetic, proactive and enthusiastic demeanor and attitude
- Excellent written, communication and listening skills
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and multi-tasking with the ability to manage and triage multiple priorities
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.