Director Market Analytics and Insights
The Director of Market Analytics and Insights will be responsible for gathering and integrating insights for Rigel’s commercial product(s) and pipeline in order to make strategic recommendations that positively impact business decision making and results. This role includes the management of all primary and secondary research efforts both from a strategic approach as well as implementation. This individual will also manage analytics related to price analysis, forecast and provide significant input to strategic planning and the monitoring of key performance trends for Rigel’s marketed product. Additionally, the Director will manage competitive intelligence/ product monitoring. This role reports to the Vice President of Business Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and maintain a process for integrating insights from various teams/venues (advisory boards, market research, business development, medical conferences etc.), proactively identify gaps in knowledge and incorporate findings into strategic planning, business reviews and other forums as appropriate
- Overall management of primary research including:
- Partnering with cross-functional partners in strategic research planning
- All vendor RFP’s, discussion guide development and recommendations on appropriate research methodologies and budget management
- Presentation of market research findings and strategic recommendations to commercial leadership
- Overall management of secondary research including pipeline and current competition monitoring
- Market opportunity assessments and forecasting
- Work cross-functionally to integrate analytics into regular business reviews, forecasting, strategic business planning, press release statements and board presentations
- Management of third-party agreements between key vendors and IMS/SHA
- Potential management of future personnel as Rigel continues to grow
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree in business, life sciences or related area
- Experience within pharma/biotech strongly desired, especially within smaller, early-stage companies with commercial staffing
- Minimum of 12 years of combined market research, commercial, operations or other related experience
- Familiarity with secondary research sources such as pub med, IMS, SHA, and medtrack
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and within short timelines, in an environment of frequently changing priorities, and often with limited direction and supervision
- Ability to be flexible and to work well with others across multiple functions
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Significant experience with slide creation, distilling complex data into a cohesive story flow
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel may be required.
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.