Senior Director, Head of Technology Transfer & External MSAT
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal - curing cancer. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work. Join us in this mission!
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Senior Director, Head of Technology Transfer & External Manufacturing Sciences & Technology (MSAT), reporting to the Global Head of MSAT. In this role you will have a key leadership position within Kite's Process Development and Global Technical Operations functions, and will be responsible for internal and external end-to-end technology transfer for pre-clinical, clinical, commercial cell therapy and vector products.
You will also lead all aspects of MSAT support for external manufacturing, and technology implementation throughout the global network. This is a highly visible position that will require superb critical thinking, communication, negotiation and multi-functional influence abilities, as well as knowledge of the business. You will work closely with various Tech Ops functions to drive aligned product portfolio prioritization and resourcing while influencing various governance bodies to achieve successful decision making and execution of transfers across the network.
We would love the ideal candidate to have experience in the area of cell therapy technology transfers and manufacturing, and an excellent understanding of global regulations.
- Key responsibilities:
- Provide strategic global technology transfer & external MSAT leadership and direction aligned with Process Development, Global Manufacturing, Multi-functional Operational Team and Global Technical Operation's vision, mission and goals.
- Sponsor, oversee and ensure Tech Transfer business process effectiveness, strategy implementation, steering committee governances and communication alignment with key Tech Ops partners.
- Lead technology transfer teams responsible for end-to-end transfer of knowledge, process and technology developed by the sending unit into receiving unit for pre-clinical, clinical, commercial cell therapy and vector product manufacturing.
- Oversee external MSAT support for contract & strategic partner manufacturing. In collaboration, with Tech Ops partners (manufacturing, quality, supply, alliance management etc.), ensure timely support for tech transfer, product/process investigations, training and improvement projects.
- Provide leadership and support for robust implementation of new technologies across the global network
- Provide technical support to regulatory filings, health authority questions, and as needed on due diligence and business development opportunities.
- Mentor staff and managers. Develop leaders by providing an environment that encourages ongoing personal and professional development. Ensure staff receives appropriate knowledge, skill development and growth opportunities.
- Work to build a positive culture with key partners and customers in Process Development, Operational Team, Global Manufacturing, Quality, Supply, other internal and external Tech Ops partners.
- PhD/MS in a relevant Science or Engineering field with at least 14+ years of biotech experience. Cell therapy experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in building highly collaborative and sustaining strong performing teams, and leading senior technical leaders.
- Proven track record of leading global technology transfer groups and supporting internal & external manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of GMP compliance, regulations and manufacturing operations.
- Experience in cell culture, aseptic processing, and use of single use system and automation technologies.
- Excellent understanding of process engineering/validation and comparability.
- Self-motivated, problem-solving, critical thinking, negotiation and multi-functional influence abilities, and business process improvement and excellent prioritization skills.
- Ability to manage budget and resource management.
- Excellent 360-degree communication skills.
- Knowledge of QbD and/or Six Sigma is a plus.
Does this sound like you? If so, we encourage you to apply today!
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may email@example.com assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.