Associate Manager CMC Program Management
The Associate Manager uses program management knowledge within the drug development industry to plan and lead the progress of assigned CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls) programs of moderate scope, as established by defined milestones and objectives. May be responsible for a small group of direct reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
Utilizes program management best practices to ensure programs meet scope, budget, and timeline while ensuring quality. Identifies and anticipates CMC-related risks/constraints to timing and resources.
• Develops strategic program vision, independently engages cross-functionally and consistently represents complex CMC strategies with minimal guidance.
• Consistently engages senior management to drive strategy across and up through the organization.
• Ensures alignment of multiple interrelated projects within overall program strategy.
• Negotiates and resolves complex issues, while maintaining what's best for the program and the CMC team. Works with team to obtain buy-in for integrated CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls) strategy.
• Translates broad scope and ambiguous requests into actionable steps for the team.
• Uses technical expertise to influence and translate information to non-technical audiences.
• Serves as primary point of contact between cross-functional areas to facilitate the advancement of programs; "connects the dots" across the organization and uses organizational agility, i.e. knows who to go to for what.
• Leads a program team with shared resources in a matrix style organization; capable of mentoring and managing team members through influence rather than direct authority; ensures delegation to appropriate team members based on expertise.
• Facilitates and leads communication between global functional areas and corporate partners, including presentations for management and joint collaboration meetings. Consistently maintains professionalism in communication, e.g. maintaining composure under pressure and managing up.
• Proactively and respectfully identifies and resolves individual and team performance issues.
• "Prevents fires" by identifying potential program risk and working with team to mitigate as appropriate.
• Develops tools and mechanisms for monitoring progress and drives effective out of the box problem solving with cross-functional teams and area managers.
• Ensures workload is prioritized and allocated among direct reports.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company in order to establish credibility with professionals on the CMC program teams.
• Ability to actively promote constructive interactions among team members in order to address difficult situations.
• Ability to resolve and negotiate conflicts or problems with tact, diplomacy and composure.
• Ability to handle multiple CMC projects and priorities with exceptional organizational and time management skills (both CMC project and self).
• Ability to maintain integrity and honesty at all times.
• Continuously drive to improve processes for improved performance.
• Lead through ambiguity and translate into actionable steps.
Education and Experience
• Requires Bachelor's degree in related field and 7+ years of industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3+ years of related program management experience
• PMP certification or MBA a plus
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.