Principal Scientist/Sr. Principal Scientist, Biology
Recludix Pharma is a venture capital-funded biotechnology company formed in 2019 and located in San Diego, California and Cambridge, Massachusetts. We are engaged in small molecule drug discovery for the treatment of targeted patient populations in oncology and other therapeutic areas. Recludix Pharma is looking for experienced candidates who desire to work in a dynamic early-stage startup environment as a member of our San Diego team.
We are seeking a tumor cell biologist with extensive experience working with in vitro and in vivo tumor models for small molecule drug discovery and preclinical translational research. A successful candidate will be skilled in the independent design and development of quantitative mechanistic and phenotypic cellular assays for small molecule inhibitor evaluation, and the investigation of target-dependence across in vitro and in vivo models. The candidate will have experience in the design and generation of comprehensive Biology data packages to support development in specific tumor types or patient populations, including the management of in house as well as outsourced in vivo tumor models. Must be self-motivated and able to work as part of a team to drive success, with a proven ability to think creatively. The candidate must also have a record of successfully representing and leading Biology on Project Teams, as well as managing and mentoring team members.
- Design, develop and implement quantitative mechanistic and phenotypic cell-based assays for small molecule inhibitor evaluation.
- Identify and validate in vitro and in vivo models, including PDX models, representing specific tumor types and prospective patient populations.
- Design and manage outsourced animal studies to evaluate the anti-tumor activity of compounds.
- Conceptualize, design and execute strategies to demonstrate utility of inhibitors in selected tumor types and subtypes. Assemble data packages.
- Collaborate closely within a Project Team environment to achieve drug discovery goals and objectives.
- Manage and mentor 3+ team members.
- Strong leadership role in lab operations and data management infrastructure.
- Clearly and concisely present hypotheses, experimental strategies and project progress at interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Ph.D. with 7+ years of experience and proven success in drug discovery projects using a rigorous and creative approach to scientific problem solving, as evidenced by publications and a record of accomplishments.
- Strong technical expertise in cell and tumor biology, including practical experience with a wide range of in vitro and in vivo tumor models.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to tightly organize and manage internal and collaborative projects in a Project Team environment.
- Proven record of successful training and mentoring of team members.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Recludix Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance and a 401(k) plan.
Recludix Pharma is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Recludix Pharma is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know when submitting your resume.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions.