Manager, Sampling, Grants and PDMA
The Manager, Sampling, Grants, and PDMA primary responsibility will be HCP and HCO FFS (Fee for Service) business process management, analysis and training. This role will also assist with speaker program oversight, ensuring review of exceptions and problem escalations are properly and timely resolved. Ensures accurate review and analysis of all pertinent FFS documentation to ensure completeness and passes certification. In addition, this role will train users on processes and be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with contracted HCP and HCO.
Essential Job Functions:
HCP/HCO Business Process Management and Analysis :
- Leads engagement process with HCPs and HCOs, generating contract for HCP or HCO FFS engagement purposes ensuring all activities are monitored, evaluated, tracked and validated for compliance certification.
- Monitors, reviews and audits funding support requests; facilitates, and reviews items such as exhibits and booths ensuring documentation and data gathered is accurate.
- Responsible for process oversight, accuracy of data analysis and completion.
- Ensures HCP or HCO contracting process aligns with Avanir's policies and procedures.
- Represents Avanir by partnering with vendors and HCPs to ensure deliverables, and other requirements meet compliance certification guidelines.
- Conducts business needs assessment; ensuring completion complies with certification guidelines.
- Responsible for completion of business requirement documentation.
- Collaborates cross functionally to provide process improvement feedback including UAT participation, providing input and recommendations.
- Work cross functionally to serve as the field & home office subject matter expert for all questions related to the HCP/HCO engagement process, commercial funding support and speaker bureau program.
- Implements and enforces Service Level Agreements with 3rd party suppliers.
- Assesses and streamlines the existing process to expedite the field and HCPs requests.
- Manages and audits the sampling processes.
Reporting and Facilitation/Training :
- Develops and leads training for commercial contracting/engagement and funding request process to end users.
- Ensures all data is captured, up-to-date and performs reporting requirements including data validation analysis and ensures accuracy and completion.
- Establish work standards that are aligned with Avanir's corporate culture, vision, and values. Adhere to company standards for personal honesty, integrity, trust, respect and accountability. Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Avanir policies and procedures and applicable state and federal rules and regulations.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- At least 8 years of experience in analytical role or similar disciplines.
- Pharmaceutical experience preferred.
- Adaptability - exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing and restrictive environment. Ability to sell multiple indications/products around priorities and goals
- Becoming a Business Advisor - adds customer equity by creating valued business partnerships with customers
- Customer Focus - keen understanding of customer loyalty relationship; ability to develop a deep understanding of the customer's business and sustain productive customer relationships
- Decision Making - identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities
- Influencing - presents approved marketing tools and strategy through use of appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance from customers
- Integrity - firmly adheres to codes of conduct, ethical principles and compliance guidelines
- Planning & Prioritizing - excellent planning and strategy development to maximize business results. Creates and executes strategic and targeted business plans around priorities/goals
- Results Orientation - ability to deliver results in a matrixed organization. Ability to execute across multiple indication franchises
- Technical and Professional Knowledge - solid knowledge of company products and services. Understands the market, including competitor's strategy and products
- Problem solving and initiative
- Proficiency with MS Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment and other computing and digital devices is required. May be required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel may be necessary, so the ability to travel by plane, operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver's license and/or effectively navigate public transportation is required. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively participate in meetings. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push, carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration, reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving carts, mechanical equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines) and vehicles. May be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.