Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence & Knowledge Management
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to transforming patients' lives through science. At the core of that mission are the talented individuals who contribute their "unique" skillsets to help us drive innovation and deliver truly life-changing drugs for our patients. As we continue to pursue that mission, we're looking for talented professionals like you to join our team. What unique gene will you bring?
The Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence (CI) & Knowledge Management (KM), develops and executes the vision and strategy to ensure the utilization of optimal therapeutic medical/clinical acumen, information science, literature/database and search strategy expertise, and innovative technologies in identifying, retrieving, analyzing and disseminating timely and relevant knowledge and competitive intelligence. This role works closely with matrix teams (including leaders and teams in Business Development, Commercial, R&D, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Clinical Research & Development, and Regulatory)to ensure high quality, efficient research and information is provided to optimally support the business. The Associate Director, CI-KM maintains a comprehensive understanding of best in class and innovative technologies and hot topics in the therapeutic area and guides to continually enhance the value proposition through the use of information beyond published literature.
- Ensures strategic partnership throughout the organization, including identifying evidence and data gaps by monitoring, analyzing, and providing knowledge published on BMS disease areas and promoting proactive use of best knowledge management processes and standards
- Develops a robust CI-KM plan, aligned to key business questions, to monitor the competitive environment and emerging scientific data and inform clinical, regulatory and commercial strategies and BMS decisions
- Conduct appropriate evaluation, methodology, interpretation and presentation of literature (e.g. clinical efficacy, study methodologies/tools, safety outcomes or other data on competitor products) requested from internal business partners
- Evaluates new technological solutions for improved access to data/information/knowledge and to enhance the collective knowledge of the organization
- Innovates within CI to help propel the group to "Best in Class" status (e.g., knowledge sharing, visualizations, interactive datasets, predictive analytics)
- Represents CI-KM team at intra- and inter-departmental meetings, participates in decisions that impact knowledge management. Some travel required to represent at cross functional and relevant trade association forums.
- Ability to develop strong, strategically aligned deliverables for assigned stakeholder(s). Become a trusted advisor and assess the effectiveness of the engagement against stated objectives
- Demonstrates strong scientific expertise across BMS portfolio. Proficient in relevant medical and business knowledge and communicates knowledge proactively
- Dedicated to continuous learning/may attend external meetings, congresses and educational seminars to enhance functional expertise and broaden pharmaceutical industry acumen
- Responds to ad hoc key business questions with expert analysis
- Demonstrates, and holds others accountable to, high standards of business integrity
Key internal stakeholders
- Commercial/Marketing, Medical, R&D, Regulatory, Business Development, and Market Access teams
Key internal collaboration partners
- Business Insights and Analytics groups
- R&D Strategy and Planning
- Medical Affairs, Regulatory
- BA/BS required, MSIS, PharmD, PhD or other advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in information/knowledge management and relevant pharmaceutical industry experience working with knowledge platforms and systems specific to pharmaceutical industry required
- Informatics training strongly desired. Strong knowledge in pharmaceutical industry Information databases, medical ontology, text-mining, semantic technology, AI, FAIR, knowledge management, and strong decision support
- Knowledge of database management and search systems and strong knowledge of enterprise search and management systems including SharePoint
- Experience successfully supporting business decision making in a complex and highly dynamic corporate environment
- Understanding of pharmaceutical development and commercialization process, as well as industry competitive dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, lead, build alignment, inform, negotiate and collaborate across functions globally.
- Inspires others to excel by fostering a climate of energy, excitement and personal accountability.
- Awareness of and compliance with standards of business conduct for the ethical collection and dissemination of competitive intelligence including Copyright laws
- Strong oral/written communications and presentation skills and highly proficient in MS-Office
- Proven ability to lead teams and influence cross-functionally in a matrix environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams across organizational lines and structures
- Flexible, with positive attitude, extremely strong ability to multitask, prioritize projects effectively and communicate at all levels within the company.
- Ability to travel 10-15% of time
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.