Director, WW Medical- Orencia
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
In Worldwide Medical, you will have the ability to impact the lives of patients by developing and ensuring the safe and appropriate use of our medicines. Worldwide Medical plays a distinct role in unlocking the full potential of our scientific and medical innovation by bridging clinical development with clinical practice.
- Supports Head of Orencia medical in establishing and executing Worldwide Medical asset strategy and plans
- Acts as an internal and external content expert regarding Orencia in Rheumatology and other investigational disease states
- Responsible for leading cross-functional project teams to advance the science and clinical applications of Orencia
- Provide medical and scientific input and direction on disease strategy and on the commercial strategy of a marketed product Orencia (abatacept)
- Direct responsibility for strategy and execution for external interactions with the Rheumatology community, including advisory boards, thought leader interactions, conference coverage, as required
- Serves as a functional point of contact for teams supporting Orencia including commercial, medical capabilities, HEOR and international market partners
- Responsible for expanding international thought leader (TL) base within Worldwide medical regarding emerging science in drug and biomarker research, disease knowledge and design of clinical protocol and programs
- Connect to the external environment to identify and translate medical insights; role will require international travel
- Role model and lead knowledge transfer to and from HQ to the regions/markets.
- Partner in the development of health outcomes and access strategy.
- Partner with the Publications/Content team to develop and review key content for congresses, manuscripts and FAQs
- Provide medical review of asset content to align with overall strategy.
- Provide Medical input/perspective at key forums
- Leads by example to model and maintain strategic focus of cross-functional partners
Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) and experience in specific therapeutic areas of interest
Relevant industry experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development.
7+ years of clinical or industry experience in specific therapeutic areas of interest
Experience in a customer-facing role with thought leaders and key customers preferred.
Key Competency Requirements
Highly organized and motivated individual possessing excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
International travel required, up to 25%.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.