Sr. Manager/Director, R&D
Intabio is a venture-funded technology company committed to revolutionizing the way biopharmaceutical drugs are developed and produced. We have assembled a stellar team of innovators known for creating groundbreaking technologies for molecular characterization and drug discovery. Our first product, the Blaze™ system, provides a novel approach to high-throughput detection and identification of subtle protein modifications - modifications that can undermine the stability and efficacy of life-saving drugs such as monoclonal antibodies. Our early technology partners include many of the world's most successful biopharmaceutical companies.
We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Manager/Director, R&D in Newark, CA. This highly distinguished individual will bring their industry experience to developing Mass Spectrometer Electrospray sample introduction hardware and chemistry. The ideal candidate will have developed mass spectrometer sample electrospray systems for intact proteins and associated CE separation system.
Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Development of mass spectrometer sample electrospray systems for intact proteins and associated CE separation system.
- Management of system integration team
- cIEF-MS assay development and optimization
- Own verification and validation plans
- Work closely with marketing to create product requirements
- PhD degree or equivalent experience in Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Physics or related field required.
- 7+ years of industry experience required in Mass Spectrometer analytical systems including development of hardware, consumables, reagents and biochemical solutions for complex analytical systems.
- Experience with integrating complex instrument systems with microfluidics, optics, high voltage, nebulizers.
- Excellent communication skills for oral presentations, customer discussions and written technical reports required .
- Experience with design and execution of V&V plans. Six Sigma/Design excellence.
- Experience with jmp, r or MATLAB for data analysis.
- Highly organized and able to drive teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in assay development, protein biochemistry, Instrument and consumable development.
- Goal-oriented, highly motivated, creative, and able to collaborate within and among teams and