Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer
The Genome Informatics and Data Engineering team is seeking a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for implementation of reliable infrastructure services on AWS, from the ground up, to deliver highly scalable services. Additional responsibilities include day to day operational support, coordination with internal operations and support groups and ensuring security, reliability, and scalability of the Cloud platform.Key areas of focus include:
- Containerization and container orchestration of RGC applications and tools
- Linux and web server administration including patching and upgrades
- Cloud operations automation and management with infrastructure as code.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
- Provide support and perform systems administration tasks
- Apply industry standards to ensure system and application security
- Drive automation of operations and management of infrastructure as code
- Deploy and lead monitoring, metrics, and logging capabilities on RGC's cloud engineering platforms
- Lead effort to containerize various applications and tools and implement container orchestration
- Develop SOPs and configure cloud services to stand up high compute pipelines
- Install, configure, and maintain cloud applications and services
- Keep abreast of the latest advances in the cloud platforms and services
- Provide leadership for cloud DevOps engineers
- Interact with key partners to clearly define and iterate on requirements
- Provide end user support, training and documentation.
This job might be for you if:
- You have an eye for detail and pride yourself on the quality of your work. Operational excellence matters more than just finishing the tasks.
- With your sleeves rolled up, you work on current problems while thinking of future solutions.
To be considered, you must have BS or MS degree with 5-7 years of relevant IT experience in an Agile, fast-paced environment and consistent track record in AWS cloud operations and implementing cloud engineering efforts. Extensive experience with containers and orchestration services like docker, ECS, ECR, EKS and Fargate and systems administration of Linux servers and Ubuntu workstations, Patching, backup, upgrades, PAM authentication. Extensive automation experience within AWS environment preferably using Python (BOTO3) and Lambda. Experience with CloudFormation scripts to automate the server deployment and configuration. Understanding of EC2, EBS, S3, ELB, RDS, and monitoring tools required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.