Research Associate II
Provide routine analytical support for research and/or development activities across multiple projects.
- Execute experiments, as assigned, either independently or as a team member, including experiments to support product claims and regulatory submissions.
- Perform routine HPLC analysis on samples of human blood products.
- Perform method development and method validations
- Make detailed observations, analyze data and may interpret results.
- Perform routine maintenance on instrumentation.
- Prepare stock chemical solutions and standards.
- May participate in writing experimental protocols, summaries and technical reports.
- Update/write new SOPs as necessary.
- Monitor reagents and supplies and order as necessary.
- May present results of data at departmental or project meetings.
- Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature.
- Document work in a laboratory notebook and or data capture sheets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide peer review as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Small molecule chromatography and HPLC experience required
- Proficiency with Agilent HP 1100/1260 HPLC and ChemStation software required
- Agilent OpenLab ECM database experience preferred but not required
- Experience with LC-MS and UPLC instrumentation a plus but not required
- Ability to learn new instrumentation and software
- Ability to troubleshoot HPLC and chromatography issues independently
- Must be able to extract and analyze 50 to 100 samples per day
- Must be willing to work with blood products and potent chemicals
- Strong mathematics skills, including knowledge of computer software (Excel and Word).
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid understanding of GLP/GMP requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; solution oriented.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Good communication skills (encompasses verbal, written, interpersonal, listening)
- Good time management skills (schedules, timelines, task prioritization)
- Adhere to Cerus safety and chemical hygiene requirements