Executive Director, R&D Project and Program Management
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
- Oversee all project and program management activities at R&D, including planning, reporting, risk assessment, risk mitigation, and lessons-learned.
- Manage the PM team, setting high standards and driving alignment, collaboration, and continued professional development
- Work with the PM team to drive the successful achievement of program objectives aligned with the business strategy.
- Lead the cross-functional team responsible for the clinical development and commercial preparation for all assets in development.
- Work with the TA leads to ensure timely execution of the program plan and effective risk management
- Provide systems oversight to support capacity planning
- Identify and champion best practices in Project & Program Management, including the use of templates, tools, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, and effective planning
- Establish consistent standards across programs, using the same dashboards, formats, approaches, etc.
- Facilitate cross-program reporting and presentation of program information to the Executive Leadership Team, Functional Heads, and other key stakeholders
- Drive a performance-based culture through accountability, coaching and mentoring of direct reports, and providing regular feedback to foster leadership, strategic thinking, and business acumen
- Contribute to long-range planning (LRP), budgetary planning and portfolio planning at the program level
- Collaborate with the Strategy & Portfolio Management team to support strategic decision-making on the development portfolio
- Facilitate decision-making, collaboration, and problem-solving with people at all levels of the organization to accomplish shared program goals
- Effectively manage multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient are essential.
- Ability to integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively and collaborate effectively with management.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate/ prepare presentations for all levels of management from executive to manager level.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor Degree required
- 10-15+ years of Program Management experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry.
- Thorough understanding of the Program Management discipline and drug development at all stages (pre-IND to commercialization)
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of complex drug development project strategy and deliver on project plans, timelines, progress, and outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience leading and motivating cross-functional teams and managing direct reports
- Outstanding leadership skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills, an innovative approach to problem-solving, and an integrated view of business and scientific issues.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.