Biological Sample Management Associate I, Translational Medicine
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient's own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Do you want to make a real difference in the world? Come help us in our quest to cure cancer! Everyone at Kite is grounded by this common goal. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work. Join us in our mission!
Biological Sample Management Associate I, Translational Medicine (Senior Research Associate I, Cell Biology)
We are seeking a Biological Sample Management Associate to join our Translational Medicine team. This individual will report to a Translational Medicine Manager/Director and will be responsible for managing specimen coming from contract research laboratories, will oversee biospecimen sample management and will also provide assistance with biomarker data management. This individual will work cross-functionally with Translational Medicine, Clinical Development, Biometrics and Clinical Data Management to ensure seamless delivery of pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamics, safety and exploratory data to support Kite Pharma's ongoing clinical trials.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Oversees and manages the biological sample management requirements of several clinical trials within and across development programs
• Understands GCLP requirements
• Accessions and inventories all specimen coming into Kite Translational Medicine Laboratories
• Assists Translational Medicine scientists by pulling samples required for analysis
• Maintains inventory across multiple critical equipment temperature controlled units
• Collaborates with Clinical Operations and Translational Sciences on biological sample management tracking and issue resolution
• Understands the Translational Medicine biomarker sample analysis plans and coordinates across multiple clinical programs
• Has a basic understanding of sample collection, processing protocols and shipping conditions
• Understands and has ability to navigate various central laboratory sample management systems to enable generation of sample inventory reports for tracking and placing sample orders
• Understands and has ability to navigate the Kite Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
• Will assist in the implementation of newer LIMS in partnership with Gilead
• Understands program specific deliverables (eg, analysis, data cut-off timelines) and collaborates with the study teams on development of study specific timelines for laboratory sample analysis and data transfer
• Attends study team meetings as needed
• Assists study team(s) with unique ad hoc requests for sample analysis
• Light travel 10% or as needed
• Other duties as may be assigned
• Bachelor's degree in biological sciences (preferred but not required) (5+ Years with HS, 4+ Years with AA, 2+ Years with BS, 1+ Years with MS)
• 2+ years of industry sample management experience or equivalent
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Basic understanding of clinical trial conduct
• Ability to communication cross functionally
• Organized with ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
• Detail oriented
• Computer skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Laboratory Information Management Systems; ability to navigate and learn systems (eg, central laboratory system)
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.