Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including oncology and immunology. As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. We believe that the whole team contributes to the overall mission. We succeed as a team, and we grow as a team.
The successful candidate will have extensive hands on experience with standard immunological techniques (Flow cytometry, ELISA, primary cell isolation and culture, etc.). This position will be responsible for leading efforts towards the validation of multiple novel drug targets via a variety mechanisms, including testing the effects of tool compounds on proteins in cellular and biochemical settings, and the use of Vividion’s proprietary chemical proteomics platform.
Education and Experience requirements:
- PhD and 1-3+ years postdoctoral training or BS/MS with 8+ years experience in cellular immunology, immuno-oncology, or a related field
- Proven track record of success demonstrated by first author papers in high impact journals and presentations at scientific conferences
- Proficiency in the isolation and culture of human and murine primary immune cells, multi-color flow cytometry, and basic molecular biology techniques (PCR, QPCR, Western blot, etc)
- A thorough knowledge of the molecular pathways involved in the activation of the innate and/or adaptive immune response
- Experience running immunological in vivo animal models (autoimmunity or immune-oncology) preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
Required Key Attributes:
- Candidates must have strong communication skills as evidenced in public presentations and/or peer reviewed literature.
- Candidates must have effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Candidates must be an effective team player, strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.