Scientific Leader, Oncology (In vitro Biology)
Are you energized by a challenging role in the Oncology Synthetic Lethality Research Unit, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Scientific Leader role would be a great opportunity to consider.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
The successful candidate will lead a highly motivated team to discover and develop novel oncology drugs with a clear genetic relationship to cancer. More specific activities include leading oncology drug discovery programs from target validation through clinical candidate nomination. Studies will also involve identification and development of pharmacodynamic markers and assays to be used in non-clinical and clinical studies.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, or related life sciences field with strong scientific background in cell biology and oncology and a minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical drug discovery experience
- Experience leading cross functional drug development teams from target identification/validation through clinical candidate nomination
- Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing new scientific strategies in the field of tumor biology coupled with a strong understanding of the goals of other disciplines that compose a drug discovery project team (e.g. DMPK, toxicology, chemistry)
- Demonstrated experience to design, conduct, and analyze cellular and molecular biology experiments
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Expertise in DNA Damage Repair Pathways is strongly preferred
- Extensive cell biology experience and expertise is expected and experience in cell-based assay development is preferred
- Expertise in High Content image assays and analysis is expected and experience in design and execution of High Content Screening is preferred
- Experience with liquid handling equipment and robotic systems is appreciated
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team/matrix environment
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.