Senior Director, Head of Program Management
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Kite's core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. Are you interested in joining a highly energized and accomplished team as we continue our rapid growth trajectory?
The Senior Director, Head of Program Management is responsible for maximizing value of Kite's internal and partnered assets through best-in-class program and project management. Kite is looking for an experienced program management leader with a demonstrated track record of leading global drug development across the product lifecycle, leading program management professionals and developing / improving drug development business processes. Come join us in our mission to cure cancer!
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Lead and manage the Program Management function responsible for providing multidisciplinary support to drive execution and development of Kite's internal and partnered assets
- Lead, coach and grow a diverse team of project managers and Product Team Leaders
- Provide program management and matrixed leadership to Product Teams, drive progression of products through the cell therapy development stage gates and lifecycle, and partner with leadership and key stakeholders to align product strategy with disease area program strategy and Kite's corporate strategy
- Partner with Global Program Leads to develop and execute on product strategy, support the formation of product teams with representatives from functional areas, and guide transition of product candidates from research into development phase
- Develop and continuously improve Kite's cell therapy product development and commercialization framework
- Employ standard methodologies and novel approaches to drive business outcomes and harmonize program management across Kite
- Participate in working groups within Corporate Development to resolve operational issues and/ improve department processes
- BA or BS degree and minimum 14 years of relevant (including program/project management) experience. Diverse experience across Research, Development and Program Management preferred
- MS or MBA and minimum 12 years of proven experience.
- Direct people leadership experience with demonstrated success of leading high-performing teams to functional objectives
- Advanced life-science degree strongly preferred.
- Expert knowledge of drug development process with proven track record in R&D program management in pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, or biotechnology. Prior experience in cellular therapy, and/or oncology therapeutics preferred.
- Proven experience leading drug development projects and activities in a global organization including leading the development of at least one development candidate with adherence to quality, excellence and efficiency.
- Broad understanding of the multidisciplinary functions contributing to effective and efficient drug development.
- Solid understanding of CMC, pharmacology, toxicology, PK, clinical requirements to support major regulatory filings and the interdependencies between various disciplines (e.g., CMC, Pharm/Tox, PK, Clinical, Regulatory, Marketing, Finance) from a strategic planning, risk management, time/event/cost point.
- Ability to assimilate data, recognize key variables, analyze complex situations and make quality judgements.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal presentation skills along with ability to work collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- Must have extensive experience applying principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical project management and drug development
Kite Pharmaceuticals is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may email@example.com assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.