Sr. Director, Managed Care Liaison
Being a part of MyoKardia means you are a pioneer at heart, a go getter, a part of something meaningful . We push the boundaries, embrace uncertainty and challenge conventional thinking to make the biggest impact on people's lives - because we believe that a better solution is out there. We roll up our sleeves and get to work on making things happen - when the outcome of our work changes lives, action is a moral must. Each of us has a hand in shaping the future of our company, our industry and people's lives because the passion in each and every one of us is what makes the difference.
If you are someone who dares to explore the unknown; who takes action in the face of uncertainty; who is passionate and driven about making a real difference in people's lives... then you belong at MyoKardia.
As Senior Director, Managed Care Liaison (Head of MCL role), you are responsible for collaborating closely with the Medical and Commercial leadership teams for co-creating and driving medical strategy across healthcare organizations, including commercial and government payers, pharmacy benefit managers (PBM), health care systems, specialty pharmacies, and other key influencers to optimize access and formulary positioning for MyoKardia portfolio and new-term pipeline products (consistent with FDAMA 114 guidance).
In addition, you are also responsible for coaching, mentoring and leading the MCL team to deliver upon their accountabilities. You will shape MCL competencies, tools and resources that foster customer engagement with key stakeholders. The S enior Director MCL is also accountable for ensuring that the MCL team stays abreast of the latest innovations in the healthcare landscape and shares actionable insights with appropriate stakeholders across the organization.
As a key member of leadership team, the Senior Director MCL will report the Head of Global RWE/HEOR.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set clear vision and priorities for MCLs to enable them to prioritize, plan, and implement product(s) or population health initiatives that are aligned with Medical strategies
- Lead, train, and support the MCLs by identifying opportunities for upskilling and development of core competencies
- Coordinate and deliver scientific, health economic, value proposition, and disease awareness information as presentations or other forms of scientific exchange to national and regional payers, PBMs, health care systems, government payers, and relevant medical and scientific professionals involved with formulary decision making. Communicate key insights to internal colleagues
- Identify and develop professional relationships with national and regional managed care organizations and relevant thought leaders
- Identify gaps in potential outcomes research and assess the health outcomes research capabilities of national and regionally based managed care organizations
- Assist in the development of educational managed care programs and tools to help support product's value and access
- Provide reactive presentations to managed care accounts on Myokardia's pipeline and/or other requested scientific information where appropriate
- Provide training support to Managed Markets Account leads and other internal stakeholders
- Complete all required training, activity documentation, expense reporting, and other administrative responsibilities. Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and regulatory guidelines governing commercial and scientific interactions with healthcare professionals, payers, advocacy and other business partners
- Provide session coverage at relevant scientific and professional meetings
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- PharmD, MD or PhD with a grasp of the pharmaceutical industry and/or healthcare environment
- At least fifteen (15) years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry and/or managed care industry required
- A minimum of 5 years in management or supervisory role
- Previous experience as Medical Director or Pharmacy Director at health plan preferred
- Expert knowledge/understanding of health economics, pricing, healthcare reimbursement, managed care customers and the distribution channels relevant to pharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex scientific, technical and clinical information to colleagues and population health decision makers
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting business objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-directed and proactive individual with the ability to create opportunities and generate insights to inform strategy
- Familiarity with current legal and regulatory landscape pertinent to the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Ability to travel frequently (60+% of the time) and possess a valid driver's license
Page 1 of 2