Scientist/Senior Scientist - Protein Expression Technology
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes we strive to find biological solutions for a changing world, working in close partnership with our customers and a global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Novozymes you will help find the biological answers and build the new businesses that can pave the way for a brighter future.
Scientist/Senior Scientist – Protein Expression Technology
We are seeking an innovative and experienced scientist to join our Protein Expression Technology research department in Davis, CA. In this role, you will be responsible for engineering microbes for the production of enzymes, proteins and whole microbial products. The successful candidate will have a strong record of innovation, leadership skills and prior experience supervising technical staff. To help build the next generation of biological solutions, you’ll work across departments within the Davis site as well as coordinate and communicate with colleagues and customers at sites across the globe. In your daily work, you’ll use these skills to progress enzyme and microbial research and to deliver value-added products for a variety of industries, including household care, biofuels, biomass, animal health and nutrition, as well as driving new technology development.
Qualifications and experience
- Ph.D. in relevant field (biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, biotechnology) with a strong record of scientific publications.
- >4 years of relevant experience in molecular biology and microbe engineering for production of proteins is highly preferred, as is a strong external network in academic and industrial scientific communities.
- Experience in engineering filamentous fungi and yeasts is preferred.
- Proven track record in development of microbe engineering leading to commercial products.
- Broad understanding of molecular biology, microbial physiology, and automation is desirable.
- Digital fluency, including experience with MS Office, statistical analysis and DOE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience supervising technical staff
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Better Business with Biology. www.novozymes.com
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Application deadline: September 4, 2020, but send your application already today, as we continuously screen incoming applications.