Scientist I (Medicinal Chemistry)
858 Therapeutics, Inc.
Scientist I, Medicinal Chemistry
Location: San Diego, California 92121
Position type: Full time
Job Code: 20200817MC1
Required education: Ph.D. or BS/MS with 8+ years relevant experience
858 Therapeutics, Inc. is an exciting, well-funded, and privately held biotech company based in San Diego. We seek a motivated and talented Medicinal Chemist for a Scientist position with responsibility for advancing a world-class medicinal chemistry program to identify high-quality small molecule therapeutics. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills and experience in drug discovery. In addition, the successful candidate will have a track record of scientific accomplishment as evidenced by publications, patents, and the like as well, as well as a demonstrated ability to work collegially in a team environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES: will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Apply contemporary medicinal chemistry principles towards the design of novel organic compounds
- Practice state-of-art organic synthesis techniques to synthesize, purify, and isolate novel compounds for testing in both in vitro and in vivo assays
- Develop SAR to advance program directives and communicate scientific findings cross-functionally both internally and externally
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge on medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, and project-related scientific literature.
PREREQUISITES: Ph.D. with at least 0-4 years of relevant work experience or BS/MS with 8+ years relevant experience in the field of drug discovery. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Synthetic organic chemistry and compound purification
- Structure-based drug design
- Ability to integrate biochemical, cell-based, DMPK, and in vivo data to the design of novel molecules