Scientist - Oncology
SCIENTIST - ONCOLOGY
VersaPeutics, Inc is a growing startup company based in San Diego, California. We are developing novel therapeutics for a variety of disease indications with a focus on central nervous system diseases and oncology. We are seeking a Scientist to join our team and play a central role in developing the company’s oncology program.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of cancer cell biology, tumor microenvironment, immuno-oncology, antibody drug conjugates, and other oncology related topics.
- Develop cell-based assays for testing efficacy and mechanism of action of small molecule and/or biological therapeutics.
- Initiate and manage oncology studies at contract research organizations.
- Assist with applications for non-dilutive funding (SBIR grants, etc.) for oncology projects.
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, cell biology or related field. Post-doctoral training is not a requirement. Industry experience is a plus.
- Broad knowledge of cancer biology as evidenced by a strong publication record. Knowledge of the drug discovery and development process.
- Highly collaborative, self-driven individual with a strong scientific curiosity and initiative to learn and contribute in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Please include two to three references along with your CV or resume in the application.
VersaPeutics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.