- Location: Framingham, MA 01702
- Pay: $17/hr with additional $4 hazard pay per hour. Total hourly pay = $21/hr
- Type: 6 Month, Contract-to-Hire
- Shift: Tuesday - Saturday 9:30am - 6pm
- Interviews: Hire off phone-screen
- Potential Start Dates: 7/21, 7/28, 8/4, 8/11
- The specimen processor/pre-analytic role will enter all patient data and test requirements into the system.
- They will be in charge of carefully handling and preparing all samples for testing.
- Specimen processors will check samples and requisition forms for adequacy and flag any discrepancies or issues
- Prepare outgoing tubes and make outgoing calls to physician offices for missing patient information
- Accurate labeling of patient samples
- Handling problem resolution upon receipt of information from the Customer Care team
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides medical technology information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares reports of technological findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Bachelors Degree (Preferred in Sciences) OR Associates Degree OR Certificate OR High School Diploma
- Previous experience from industry or any positions worked in the past that involve fast pace and high communication
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload with minimal direction and multitask
- Work effectively in fast-paced environment, attention to detail is essential
- Clinical laboratory and sample processing experience
- Positive attitude and passionate commitment to exceeding customer expectations
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptive
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Candidates will be trained in groups and expected to learn as they go. They will have training on their computer system, specimen processing life cycle, and overall daily responsibilities.
- All laboratory tests are performed in our CAP-accredited, CLIA-certified clinical laboratory in Framingham, Massachusetts.
- Tuesday - Saturday: 9:30am - 6pm, will train on this schedule as well, if the work load increases and not quite staffed, it could be a situation where someone might work a Monday-Friday just to help get caught up
- Our Client is focused on the treatment and prevention of disease by offering novel diagnostics that drive a personalized approach to improve patient health.
- All laboratory tests are performed in our CAP-accredited, CLIA-certified clinical laboratory in Framingham, Massachusetts. We specialize in a wide range of laboratory techniques, including gas chromatography, gel electrophoresis, genetic testing, general chemistry, immunoassay, and high performance liquid chromatography. Our state-of-the-art equipment is operated by a highly qualified and trained laboratory staff to ensure accurate and consistent assay performance.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing ® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.