Sr. Research Associate, Immunohistochemistry
Sr. / Research Associate II, Immunohistochemistry and Analytical Histology
We are seeking to hire a research associate, with experience in histology, immunohistochemistry, and imaging. This group plays a critical and central role supporting programs which are developing innovative drugs for our exciting emerging biology. A successful candidate will have strong experience in experimental design, tissue handling, immunohistochemistry and digital quantitative analysis of histological images all supported by a solid background in histological technique and theory.
- Experimental design of histology experiments.
- Perform histological stains, IHC / IF, or ISH on mouse and human tissue utilizing both manual and automated platforms.
- Slide imaging and fluorescence microscopy.
- Image quantification and analysis.
- Database organization and oversight.
- Experimental write up and communication.
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical or biological science and at least 4 years relevant work experience.
- Experience processing, embedding, and sectioning FFPE tissues for IHC or ISH analysis, although this is not a large part of our day (as we send our sectioning out to a company). The knowledge and understanding of how that works is important to guiding our researchers in the best tissue handling protocols.
- At least four years of experience performing immunohistochemistry by manual or automated methods on paraffin-embedded tissue.
- Experience with IHC autostainers. Roche Ventana and / or Leica Bond experience a plus.
- Familiarity with multiplexing, both bright field and fluorescent labels.
- Familiarity with ISH (knowledge of the ACD platform is a plus).
- Experience with slide scanning. Zeiss Axioscan Z1 experience a plus.
- Proficiency with histological image analysis and statistical analysis, experience with image quantification tools such as Visiopharm is a plus.
- Accurate documentation skills and the ability to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.