South San Francisco, CA
We are for a talented and energetic team player to help drive preclinical/clinical advancement of our drug portfolios within the Translational Pharmacology and Preclinical Development (TP/PD), Pharmacology group.
- This pharmacology position requires a Scientist with at least 1-3 years industry experience in the preclinical development of cancer immunotherapies.
- The scientist will be responsible for validating therapeutics that have been engineered to engage a variety of immune effector pathways. Specifically, to develop Client animal models and conduct complex in vivo and ex vivo murine tumor studies with the goal of advancing leads to the clinic.
- The individual will be expected to have:
- Strong background in one or more areas of tumor biology, immunology, oncology, and/or immuno-oncology
- Experience with independent design, execution, analysis, and reporting of non-clinical animal pharmacology, pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) studies
- Communicate key scientific data to project teams with clear interpretation of data and proposal of next steps
- Ph.D. degree with a minimum of 1-3 years industry experience evaluating oncology or immuno-oncology drug products in preclinical efficacy models
- Independently plan and execute complex anti-tumor efficacy, PK, and PD studies in mice including: cell culture, dosing (IV, SC, IP), tumor measurement, as well as the dissection of organs for subsequent ex vivo analysis
- Design flow cytometry (FACS) panels and perform FACS analysis on human and murine cells, tumors, and tissues
- Develop Client murine models to investigate combinatorial immuno-therapeutic strategies
- Must be highly motivated and work successfully in cross-functional teams by contributing data and ideas
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, think critically and interpret data
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication skills, including maintaining detailed and accurate protocols and lab notebooks