Patient Access Manager, PROCYSBI
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
The Patient Access Manager (PAM) is a field-based position that will provide logistical and educational assistance to patients and caregivers as well as office staff, including physicians, nurses, and social workers. The PAM will work closely with patients and families, as well as physicians and their staff, to prevent and address barriers to patient medication access. PAM activities and responsibilities include education on PROCYSBI, insurance services, financial assistance programs, and pharmacy support. Strong knowledge of reimbursement for pharmaceutical products is required. The PAM will work with numerous internal teams, including Reimbursement, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Advocacy, Marketing, and Regional Business Managers to facilitate and improve patient access to insurance, medications, financial resources, care, and outcomes.
- Support and educate patients and caregivers about PROCYSBI and patient services, including product support and information, dosing and administration, reimbursement services, and other education as needed.
- Provide reimbursement education and support to physician's offices with specific emphasis on reimbursement support services.
- Secure written opt-in and HIPAA waivers to the patient support program for patients in the region.
- Maintain contact with patients who have opted-in and ensure excellent customer service.
- Connect patients with insurance services when necessary to ensure continuity of care for the patient.
- Help patients and families to resolve logistical challenges with insurance and pharmacies when necessary.
- Respond immediately to patient and patient family questions and concerns; resolve patient/caregiver issues.
- Connect patients with and warm transfer to appropriate financial assistance programs, if eligible.
- Connect patients with external support programs that may be available in the region, as needed.
- Partner with Safety and PV and report AE's and product complaints through medical information.
- Adhere to professional standards compliance guidance, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Represent Horizon at external meetings.
- Coordinate with case managers and home office commercial team.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years of field-based experience in patient services, reimbursement, medical affairs, or account management required
- Scientific background and ability to learn product and disease information
- Prior experience as a case manager preferred
- Nursing or other clinical background preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Orphan or Rare disease experience
- Familiarity with HIPAA guidelines and FDA requirements
- Familiarity with and Adherence to internal and OIG Compliance guidelines a must
- Ability to handle difficult patient cases and resolve hurdles
- Ability to work in team environment and manage communication with case managers and sales reps
- Ability to respond immediately when necessary (within 24 hours) to prevent lapses in treatment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to report on meaningful activity in the region
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires approximately 75% travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.