Senior Manager, Transportation and Logisitcs
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The scope and accountability of this role supports strong operational performance and excellent customer satisfaction. Uses innovative thinking to identify solutions beyond the existing knowledge or assumptions of an area; is recognized internally and externally as the expert in an area that is key to the business. Impacts the business through setting the professional/technical direction for an area that is key to the organization. Responsible for implementing tactical and strategic change through the organization; significantly influences the strategy and operations of Transportation. Establishes long-term strategic and/or operational plans for Transportation.
This position will play a crucial role in the development and delivery of our comprehensive end-to-end strategy across all sales channels and product lines in our Global Supply Chain. Ultimately, this role will manage all our transportation operations to help drive decisions that optimize total delivered cost, inventory, and lead time performance on strategic and operational levels. The Sr. Manager of Transportation and Logistics will engage with business teams directly and participate in the implementation of ideas or decisions that drives our continuous improvements. This position will play a crucial role in leading supply chain operations by supporting with transportation procurement strategy, carrier relationship management, and cost optimization to support our customers with a high level of service. This role will include management of setting and meeting annual budgets, carrier selection and management, contracting, and price negotiations. This position in partnership with the Sr Director of Global Supply Chain will also design, develop, and optimize strategies for the entire supply chain including data management, business metrics, and some major enhancement projects.
• Oversee 3rd party Freight/Logistics partners to ensure service and spend is appropriately delivered to Supply Chain Plans and Goals.
• Analyze expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for increasing profits and improving services
• Manage the transportation operations to meet or exceed our customers' requirements
• Key leader in Acquisition integration
• Implement a complete Global Transportation visibility system for the organization
• Management of multiple Key Projects for the entire organization
• Lead broader supply chain team project management, implementation, and KPI management
• Communication with key leaders of the businesses to help educate them about Transportation basics and how it will support the business strategies
• Creates and deploys strategic plans in conjunction with business.
• Drives change and directs the change management process for the transportation department
• Inspires and motivates entire organization toward the new solution and creates milestones to communicate progress toward the vision
• Manages the global relationship of small parcel carriers
• Manages the global relationship of freight forwarders
• Provides consulting and thought leadership to continually improve supply chain operations and processes
• Able to use critical thinking skills to identify (sometimes in the absence of direct input) opportunities for improvement
• Ability to analyze large sets of data to make strategic decisions that support driving savings and value to the customer
• Transportation management and strategy including procurement, operations, metrics, and negotiations
• Define and reduce waste in our Transportation systems and operations processes
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in military experience
• Strong, capable Organization Leadership
• Proven Supply Chain Management Knowledge; specifically, in the healthcare industry
• Business & financial acumen
• Strong communication skills to include: listening skills, presentation skills and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and critical thinking skills along with project management skills
• 3+ years exposure to Global transportation logistics
• Knowledge of TMS/WMS systems and processes to support operating systems
• Minimum 3 years of Management experience
• Previous experience working within regulated industry. FDA and Government regulatory agency inspections
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners at multiple levels.
• Ability to manage, prioritize and work cross functionally to influence behaviors and gain consensus.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Experience in Lean principles and concepts.
The duties of this job are performed in both an office environment and a light industrial environment, thereby experiencing some minor to moderate level of noise due to office equipment and industrial equipment.
Travel: Local and Regional travel to customers or other Emergent sites (Approx. 2%).
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.