Senior Manager, Contracts
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Contracts, we are seeking a seasoned professional who can provide cradle-to-grave contracts and subcontract administration. This contracts professional shall support a dedicated, technical Program Office Team(s) who require strong guidance and contract support in a collaborative fashion.
- Provide cradle-to-grave contract and subcontract administration for Cost Reimbursable (some "Cost-Sharing"), FFP and Time &Material contract types;
- Administers highly complex contract(s) containing multiple contract types and multiple contract line items;
- Participating in day-to-day contract administration activities;
- Drafting contracts, contract modifications, agreements, terms and conditions, correspondence and other contract related documents;
- Acting as representative liaison and point of contact with the Customer on formal communications and submittals, and as delegated, leading the negotiations for contract modifications;
- Acting as representative liaison and point of contact with major subcontractors on formal communications and submittals, and as delegated, leading the negotiations for new subcontracts and subcontract modifications;
- Acting as representative liaison and point of contact for coordination and communication with all departments on contract related issues;
- Maintaining contract files (e.g. contracts, correspondence, modifications, data deliverables lists) in accordance with government regulations and company policies;
- Assisting in new business pursuits to include but not limited to; reviewing solicitations and lead/manage the preparation of cost/business proposal volumes compliant with federal government solicitations;
- Analyzing and interpreting contract requirements, including all terms and conditions and FAR/HHSAR/DFARS to ensure compliance with same;
- Assisting in the identification, development, implementation and maintenance of Contracts Department practices, policies, procedures and guidelines; and
- Maintaining a strong understanding of the Company's overall business strategy and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications for contracting activities.
- Monitor contracts for compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and corporate policies and initiate corrective action as required
- Research and interpret government regulations as they apply to contracts and advise program management staff and other company personnel of contractual rights, responsibilities and obligations
- Some occasional travel (North America) may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years government contracting experience OR
- A minimum of 15+ years of experience with dedicated work under U.S. Government Contracts/FAR based Federal contracting may be substituted for bachelor's degree
- Self-starter with exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and dedication to customer service - both external & internal customers
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of FAR
- Must have experience and be knowledgeable in all aspects of Federal Government acquisition (i.e. solicitation/RFP development, proposal evaluation, negotiations, source selection, determination of fair and reasonable pricing, contract administration and close-out)
- Expert knowledge of Cost-Plus and FFP contract types, including hybrids.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Sound judgment and creativity that can be applied to resolution of contract issues
- Experience with HHS/BARDA/NIAID and CEPI contracts, a plus
- Experience with contract close-out and commercial contracting would be a value-add.
IV: Physical/Mental Requirements
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, sit, sense of hearing, use phone, fax, copier, and computer. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, problem solve, make decisions, supervise, plan, communicate, prepare written communications, and prepare transaction documents.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.