Technician, Upstream Process Development
Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting a variety of cancers through development of its innovative proprietary Engineered Toxin Body (ETB) platform. MTEM currently has several ETB candidates in clinical development including MT-3724 and MT-5111. Additional preclinical compounds derived from our ETB platform technology are being advanced toward clinical development. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at www.mtem.com.
The technician will primarily perform laboratory housekeeping duties, such as glassware cleaning and sterilization and waste disposal. This position will require excellent organizational and time-management skills, ability to follow verbal and written instruction, plus ability to prioritize tasks.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Collect, wash, clean and sterilize used glassware, equipment and supplies using proper sterilization techniques
- Distribute and maintain glassware in laboratories
- Prepare media and solutions per established guidelines
- Stock and maintain laboratory supplies
- Sterilize and conduct waste disposal using autoclave
- Complete additional tasks or projects, as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Associates degree in scientific field, preferred
- Relevant experience in laboratory setting with experience with glassware sterilization techniques, preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction and work under supervision
- Ability to follow safety protocol at all times
- Ability to demonstrate dependable attendance and punctuality
Ability to regularly move materials weighing up to 30 pounds to a shelf located 4-6 feet in height; Stand for long periods of time; At times, will be required to sit for long periods of time; Bend twist, push/pull, crouch, kneel; Read and understand chemical labels; Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects, for example, keypads on laboratory equipment, keyboard, phone, fax/copy/scanning machine, calculator, label maker and etc.; Visualization necessary to participate in business functions of the position to see in the normal visual range with or without correction (e.g. meetings, training sessions, etc.); Ability to hear in order to participate in business functions of the position in the normal audio range with or without correction (e.g. use of phone, participate in meetings, training sessions, etc.).
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to Manager, Upstream Development.
Molecular Templates Inc https://mtem.isolvedhire.com