Research Associate II, DMPK
The Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) department at Theravance Biopharma is seeking an experienced, laboratory-based Research Associate to support small-molecule drug discovery and development. The primary responsibilities will include support of studies related to metabolism and disposition of lead molecules. Experience in conducting in-vitro DMPK assays (metabolic stability, and other mechanistic assays), and analyzing samples for parent compound and metabolites via LC-MS is highly desirable. The successful candidate will exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced, flexible and dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct in vitro drug metabolism studies on small molecules with recombinant enzymes, S9 fractions, microsomes, and hepatocytes
- Support metabolite profiling experiments from in vitro and in vivo (preclinical/clinical) studies
- Development of LC-MS methods for quantitation of analytes and separation of metabolites as required.
- Ability to work independently, design experiments, analyze and report data in written reports and maintain comprehensible study documentation
- Applicants should possess a BS/MS in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Pharmaceutical Science and minimally >2 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Hands-on experience conducting in vitro DMPK assays (metabolic stability, protein binding and various enzymes studies)
- Prior experience with LC MS/MS is a pre-requisite. Familiarity with Thermo Q-Exactive and X-Calibur software is highly desirable
- This individual is also expected to be highly organized, a team player, enthusiastic about drug discovery, and possess strong communication skills.