Compliance Manager, Corporate Functions
Primary Job Function
- Provides timely and appropriate global compliance guidance for AbbVie business activities, including consultancies and contracting, grants and donations, sponsorship/exhibit/memberships, purchasing and finance.
- Manages and tracks monitoring metrics/analytics, trends and observations for areas of responsibility. Develops and prepares periodic monitoring reports and presentations for leadership and/or stakeholder review. Closely collaborates with OEC Business, Training, Monitoring, and Brand support to ensure monitoring results are reviewed and corrective action(s), if necessary, are implemented.
- Identifies, implements and manages systems, processes and applications to maintain or improve efficiency and effectiveness for areas of responsibility.
- Works with Director of Transparency and AbbVie Legal to assess and interpret federal and state regulations, evaluate options and proposes solutions that includes monitoring compliance with specific state and federal reporting requirements.
- Reviews and provides guidance on global potential conflicts of interest.
- Serves as a resource and subject matter expert on various global policies and procedures.
- Provides compliance support for and participates as a member of various AbbVie committees and councils.
- Other special projects & responsibilities, as assigned.
- Finds opportunities for improvement in AbbVie's business activities and processes and proactively drives and monitors implementation efforts.
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously.
- A high level of interpersonal skill is critical to the successful performance of this position. This involves creativity, originality and judgment as well as tact, diplomacy and the ability to instill confidence. Candidates should have the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, present professionally, and work well with various levels within the organization.
- Reports to OEC Associate Director.
- Operates independently within well-defined expectations, checking in as necessary with supervisor(s).
- Provides guidance and direction to all levels of the business as well as OEC personnel related to monitoring activities/results, as needed.
- 5% travel
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required.
- 6+ years' experience with, or exposure to, business functions such as compliance, audit, legal, medical or regulatory affairs or finance.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous pharmaceutical experience preferred.