We are seeking an Operations Manager in the Fermentation area, to join our AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA. This Operations Manager will provides leadership and direction for a manufacturing group within a site. Directs Supervisors to lead staff (approx. 25 or fewer) in the manufacture of a single product or across small teams in a multi-shift operation to meet production, quality, safety and financial demands of the operation. Responsible for supporting plant manufacturing activities and achieving key performance metrics. This position is accountable for implementation of policies and procedures impacting operations across quality, materials management, engineering, and EH&S. Manages costs within the area of responsibility. Leads department personnel scheduling and development, building and supporting a culture of high performance. Responsible for assuring the effectiveness and compliance of the manufacturing area, delivering high levels of customer service and complying with all regulatory requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide input to and implement operational, safety and talent and financial goals and objectives for the manufacturing area assigned. Track and trend performance levels and maximize the operations.
- Manage the manufacturing area to meet the site business strategies in line with budget targets.
- Recommend and implement ideas to reduce costs, adapt and transform the organization to meet changing business needs.
- Assist teams in troubleshooting manufacturing issues. Ensure staff is provided technical knowledge and training to efficiently produce the highest quality products.
- Collaborate with peers and cross-functional partners to synthesize action plans, timelines and budgets to meet project and product goals.
- Develop and manage staff through hiring, managing performance, developing talent and providing clear expectations.
- Ensure all labor and equipment performance measures are met. Responsible for completing established goals, prioritizing project work and controlling and coordinating all activities and improvement efforts across manufacturing areas.
- Manage the employee relations climate to ensure that our AbbVie Way is realized and an environment exists where all employees have the opportunity to develop to their maximum potential.
- Coach supervisors in the area and establish clear expectations with them and all employees regarding responsibilities, goals and behaviors and champion and model exceptional AbbVie performance and talent management practices.
- Bachelor's Degree required in a technical field: Advanced degree in a technical field preferred
- 7+ years' experience including: work as an individual contributor building technical expertise and proved project management skills. Progressively increased responsibility and performance as supervisor/ leader of diverse teams in Operations ( Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain , Engineering etc.)
- Business acumen coupled with functional leadership experience is required to ensure effective direction in a complex organizatio n