Business Intelligence Architect
AbbVie International Commercial Organization is looking for Business Intelligence Architect for the Data and Analytics team to lead enterprise Business Intelligence solutions. This position responsible for architecture, design, develop, deploy reporting and analytical applications for the various business stakeholders. Responsibilities include but not limited to, data analysis and management reporting, utilizing QlikSense and QlikView to generate metrics, data discovery applications, dashboards and scorecards. The individual on this position will also work very close to product owners, business analysts, project managers, different levels of users, external vendors, global and affiliate stakeholders.
- Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data, software, or technology solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; Routinely demonstrate initiative and creativity in developing technology solutions.
- Serve as technical expert or lead projects/programs and technical staff to develop, test and implement significant new products, or operational improvements or devise new approaches to problems at the division/business unit.
- Analyzes and resolves technical problems using analytical problem solving methods/techniques and associated tools/devices.
- Contribute to advancement of own function by studying state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and computing equipment; participate in educational opportunities and professional organizations.
- Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies and platforms related to software design and development, programming languages, analytics and reporting, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization tools, and virtualization/cloud environments.
- In specialized systems (i.e. QlikSense and Qlikview) effectively set options, assist in version updates, facilitate test to production migrations and other package-specific activities.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor. Accountable for total project scope, budget, completion within budget constraints and scheduled completion date. Accountable for successful and timely completion of all tasks/projects under direct and matrix control.
- May initiate new areas of investigation that are meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a scientific or business activity.
- Provides technical leadership and mentors and consults with less experienced staff in in planning, methods, procedures, standards and best practices.
- Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent education and typically 10 years of experience, Master's Degree or equivalent education and typically 8 years of experience.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in architect, design and develop BI application with at least 5 years in Qlikview and 2-3 years in QlikSense
- Architecture and Technology is Core Competency
- Experience in System Architecture, Macro, QV Connectors, Integration with Multiple systems, Securities.
- Analyze and integrate information from disparate systems to create and modify analytical applications using best practice visualization techniques. Should be good in visualization art.
- Experience in implementing large Qlik solutions (multi users/multi geographies/very large Data Bases)
- Experience in Understanding Web Technologies (App server/Web Server/Web Services etc.)
- Must have a good understanding of dimensional modeling and strong in the fundamentals of Data Warehouse concepts
- Strong SQL/ETL Knowledge and exposure to self-service BI
- Ability to provide technical support to all team members during project execution.
- Advanced knowledge of reports performance optimization and best practices implementation
- Exposure to Data Lake or other data management platforms preferred