Process Analytical Chemistry Associate Scientist 3
We are looking for an enthusiastic solutions-oriented Associate Scientist to join Amyris’s Process Analytical Chemistry group (PAC). PAC provides chemical analysis support for engineers and scientists developing processes for recovery and purification of sustainable “No Compromise” products from fermentation broth. The successful candidate will work closely with the process development group to understand and meet their analytical needs by carefully executing existing assays, evaluating their suitability for new sample types, and developing new assays. Process development work is highly collaborative and fast-paced, and in this role effective communication skills and the ability to solve problems creatively are just as important as technical knowledge.
- Analyze R&D and product samples using HPLC, IC, GC, titrations, and spectroscopic assays efficiently, with an emphasis on data quality and service to the internal stakeholder.
- Operate analytical instrumentation and associated software, troubleshoot instrument failures, and implement corrective actions.
- Collaborate with process engineers and other analytical scientists to design and implement appropriate analytical techniques for recovery and purification samples.
- Use internal databases to manage analytical workflows, upload data, and create new methods of analysis.
- Identify inefficiencies and improve lab operations by creating and implementing new practices and workflows.
- Develop new assays with guidance from other analysts and supervisor and measure method performance using statistics.
- Present results to internal teams verbally and in written reports; document analytical procedures in SOPs.
- Work safely and maintain a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience as a chemical analyst in an industrial setting.
- Firm technical knowledge of and work experience with one or more of the following experimental techniques: HPLC, IC, GC, titrations.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in cross-disciplinary, collaborative teams are vital to success in this position.
- A commitment to completing assigned tasks correctly and on time, with the appropriate level of detail.
- The ability to manage independently and prioritize with guidance independent tasks from different projects, including scheduling instrumentation, preparing reagents and other materials, and reporting data to stakeholders.
- Familiarity with statistics (particularly as applied to chemical analysis, method development, and chemometrics) and data analysis tools like JMP, Minitab, R, or Spotfire.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Embrace Amyris Core Values.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website at www.amyris.com.