Scientist I, Cancer Immunology
About CytomX Therapeutics:
CytomX Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to changing the treatment of cancer with our novel Probody™ therapeutic platform. Our commitment to transforming lives with safer, more effective therapies is driven by our curiosity and passion for innovation and our belief that by acting with integrity in an honest, respectful, ethical manner, we have the power to change lives. Our workplace embodies collaboration, open communication, celebrating our successes and holding each other to the highest possible standards. CytomX has a broad pipeline comprised of 4 clinical-stage programs and others in development and is located in South San Francisco, California, the birthplace of biotechnology. Learn more at www.cytomX.com
Location: South San Francisco, California
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Associate Director, Cancer Immunology
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced scientist to join the Cancer Immunology team. The Scientist I will identify and characterize new targets and pathways that can be modulated for cancer immunotherapy as part of a multidisciplinary research team in a fast-paced and well supported discovery environment. The successful candidate will have deep knowledge and experience in cell biology, immunology and cancer research with hands-on experience in identifying, validating and characterizing novel targets and/or therapeutics.
Responsibilities include identifying and validating targets for T cell bispecifics and designing and conducting experiments to support and advance discovery stage research programs. S/he will be responsible for data analysis, thorough documentation of work, and clear communication of results in group settings.
- MS (8+ years’ experience), PhD (0-2+ years’ experience) in Cell Biology, Immunology, or related field.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Strong background in immunology, with an excellent understanding of T cell biology, and experience working with biologics is required.
- Experience with T cell engaging bispecific antibodies is highly desired.
- Experience in target identification and validation is required.
- Bioinformatics expertise is highly desired.
- Expertise in immunology techniques including multi-color flow cytometry, cytokine analysis, cytotoxicity and proliferation assays, etc., and the ability to quickly adopt new laboratory skills is required.
- Ability to work independently and to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to CytomX values of Integrity, Commitment, Creativity, Teamwork, Accountability and Fun.
- Intellectually curious and creative.
- Self-motivated with a dedicated work ethic.
- Adaptable and resilient with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong leadership skills.
CytomX is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. CytomX will not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.