Senior Scientist, Translational Biology
Arcturus is seeking a highly motivated and skilled cell biologist with a proven track record of scientific accomplishment and technical expertise preferably in lipid metabolism, liver biology and/or related physiology. Applicants should have extensive laboratory research experience and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role with a high level of experimental vigor and quality. The candidate is expected to contribute to current drug discovery programs as well as participate in the identification and validation of novel mechanisms and targets for the discovery of RNA therapeutics for rare diseases.
· Support/lead project teams by generating quality data, developing and coordinating cross-functional experimental plans and critically evaluating new information/data.
· Develop, optimize and run cell-based assays to validate targets and mechanisms and provide key data to project teams in a robust, reliable and timely fashion.
· Identify, develop & implement innovative approaches or technologies to target discovery efforts and project team strategies with a high degree of independence and precision.
· Prioritize and manage multiple research activities in a highly integrated role.
· Contribute to written and oral presentations related to work being conducted for both internal and external presentation and publication.
· Train other laboratory personnel in experimental details pertaining to current or previous work.
· PhD with 10+ years’ experience with an emphasis on target ID and validation, physiological pathways and mechanisms preferably in the discipline of lipid metabolism or liver biology.
· Previous experience in drug discovery, either in academic or industrial setting, is preferred but not required.
· Solid understanding of the strategic and practical considerations required to validate a target and to support/enable program nomination.
· Ability to provide expert guidance in designing and implementing project plans.
· Proven hands-on experience with the development, optimization, validation and execution of quantitative cell-based assays.
· Deep knowledge base in cell biology with a demonstrated track record of employing state-of-the art technologies in highly novel, creative and impactful ways.
· Highly self-motivated, proactive and able to work in a fast-paced environment interacting with diverse groups.
· Exceptional team player with strong written and oral communications skills.
· Computer skills with MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT) and statistical analysis software (e.g., Prism).
Founded in 2013 and based in San Diego, Arcturus Therapeutics Inc.is a publicly-traded RNA medicines company. We are developing a portfolio of RNA therapeutics for the treatment of diseases with high unmet medical needs. Our team has extensive experience in the discovery and development of RNA medicines, as well as the design and utilization of lipid-mediated drug delivery systems. This combination of in-house expertise, innovative spirit, and passion for what we do, uniquely positions us to catalyze the next generation of RNA medicines. Arcturus’ commitment to the development of novel RNA therapeutics has led to partnerships with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, and the Cystic FibrosisFoundation.
Arcturus is committed to equal opportunity and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Arcturus is an eVerify employer.