Director, Development Design Center
- Provides expert scientific and strategic consultation to R&D by providing real time feedback on the impact of study design choices on costs, timeline, patient selection and recruitment for the Abbvie portfolio.
- Provide advice to cross-functional development teams using state of the art analytics and real world data.
- Identify clinical trial design problems to impact decision making in Drug Development across TA's. Improve and standardize the clinical trial development process across the portfolio.
- Provides leadership and develops strategic recommendations to clinical development therapeutic areas and development operations around protocol development, study design and study execution. Responsible for leadership of cross-functional teams.
- Anticipates and leads issue resolution. Evaluate the impact of development scenarios on overall timelines and study cost. Negotiates with other functional areas on project outcomes and deliverables to meet conflicting demands (time, cost, quality/ performance)
- Champion the use of novel statistical analysis including adaptive designs
- Actively manages project team behaviors, mediates team disputes, and facilitates establishment of healthy and high performing teams. Identifies and develops process improvement initiatives and reviews recommendations with management for approval and sponsorship.
- BSN, PharmD, PhD, or MD in a health care field required
- Advanced project leadership experience of 7 + years related to clinical research, drug development and department operations. Proven record of successful projects required
- Team, drug development, and scientific project leadership or related experience
- Recognized as an expert with global knowledge of AbbVie and Pharma drug development processes
- Recognized leader in complex scientific analyses, business-related procedures, and leadership of multiple projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills with broad scientific, strategic and business-related orientations
- Requires multi-faceted, broad-based experience in multiple functions. Considered to have in depth knowledge of drug development issues and business needs