Senior Scientist / Associate Director - Head of Analytical Science
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated analytical chemist to lead and grow a world class Analytical Group within Nurix. The successful candidate will support our entire research portfolio including small molecule, heterobifunctional protein-degradation, DNA encoded library, and DMPK teams. Capabilities in our analytical department include structure elucidation by NMR, extensive chromatography applications including SFC as well as identification and characterization of in vitro and in vivo metabolites. We are expecting this individual to add additional capacity and capability to the existing platform.
The ideal candidate will:
- Manage, supervise and grow our cutting-edge Analytical Group.
- Work closely with the medicinal chemistry teams providing analytical and chromatography expertise in the areas of small molecule purification and separation of enantiomeric mixtures using our in-house analytical and preparative SFC capabilities.
- Provide structural elucidation expertise to chemistry, DMPK, CMC, and DNA encoded library teams.
- Troubleshoot and maintain instrumentation, manage instrument service agreements, and develop best practices for their use.
- Develop medicinal chemistry-enabling assays such as kinetic/thermodynamic solubility, in vitro clearance, soft spot analyses, and metabolite ID.
- Be an active member of our project teams by attending project and department meetings and summarizing data.
- Monitor analytical activities of our CROs.
- Participate in experimental design and data analysis.
- Ph.D. in Analytical, Physical or Organic Chemistry with 5+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech industrial experience or MS with 10+ years of industrial experience.
- Solid background in developing analytical methods for the purification, characterization, and testing of small molecules utilizing prep HPLC, NMR, and UPLC-MS is essential. Chiral SFC experience (analytical & preparative) is desirable.
- NMR experience using 2D-NMR, 1 H-NMR, and 13 C-NMR experiments is desirable.
- Utilization of MS for structure elucidation and ADME for the determination of in vitro and in vivo metabolite identification.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair HPLC, UPLC-MS and NMR instrumentation is essential.
- Experience with solubility and chemical stability assessments desirable.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), documentation (record keeping, lab notebook, reports), organization, and interpersonal skills is essential.