Principal Investigator, Biology – Immunotherapy
Startup led by knowledgeable and scientifically-driven leadership team whose earlier industry successes have led to this company’s strong financial backing and diverse pipeline of small molecule and protein-based immunological drug candidates.
Exceptional technical and career-growth project-leadership opportunity as a key member of this startup’s biology team for a PhD with immunology, pharmacology, immuno-oncology, or related degree and a minimum of 8 years’ cumulative post-doctoral and industry experience using immunology-related protocols, techniques, and assays to drive solution-based immunotherapy studies. Requires a team-focused leader who’s willing and able to be hands-on a significant portion of time to drive research and have significant impact in this collaborative startup.
As a key project leader and member of the biology team, this unique role offers the following opportunities: * to gain broad exposure to different areas of oncology and other-indication research for both small molecule therapies and protein therapies; * to drive immuno-based research projects as they progress through different R&D stages and to collaborate regularly with cross-functional teams and other project leaders; * to join a growing, well-financed startup led by a knowledgeable and well-coordinated management team of seasoned industry professionals who have track records leading successful companies; * to have a strategic intellectual and experimental voice and to have significant impact in a company that promotes upstream drug discovery and research as well as merely drug-candidate advancement to the downstream clinical and commercial stages; * as a skilled and motivated research leader with good ideas for designing and driving translational studies, to have a seat at the table, have your ideas heard, and have support implementing your ideas; and * to represent your team and company through internal and external research presentations and publications. - - - In summary, this is a chance to have visibility, impact, and career growth by contributing your current breadth of immunology-based knowledge and project-leadership skills as well as expanding your knowledge and project-leadership skills in a research-friendly, non-siloed environment that promotes communication and collaboration.
- PhD with immunology, pharmacology, and immuno-oncology---or with another PhD degree relevant to immune-based studies.
- At least 8 years of combined post-doc and/or industry experience driving tumor modulation studies using immunology protocols, techniques, and assays such as in vivo assays, primary cell isolation methods, and immune-focused in vitro assays.
- Demonstrated passion for science, proven self-motivation, and the willingness and ability as a hands-on project leader to design and progress robust, solution-driven immuno-based experiments.
- Noteworthy publication record in peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively working with diverse scientific disciplines.
- Demonstrated flexibility, problem-solving, and collaboration skills necessary to lead effectively in a startup environment.
Use link or apply directly by emailing CV to email@example.com Use this job code on subject line: IO-PI