Account Executive- Oncology- Des Moines
This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining strategic business relationships with Oncology departments and practices consisting of interactions with Oncologists, Hematologists, nurses, executive level personnel, marketing, department managers, Healthcare Providers and various other physicians and support staff. Business relationships will be focused on increasing education on product benefits/risks consistent with approved label, developing new business, improving resource utilization, and growing sales and market share by achieving sales plan for the assigned Oncology product portfolio. Learn more about this role and what it takes and what we are looking for as an Account Executive within Oncology!
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Uses opportunities to understand and address customer needs! Builds strong relationships that provide market intelligence and support development of compliant and innovative programs and initiatives. Builds and maintains relationships across accounts that result in opportunities to benefit patients, physicians, and other HCPs within the geography.
- Consistently partners with in-house and/or cross-franchise leaders, and collaborates with such partners to identify, design and/or adapt appropriate approaches and tactics demonstrating resources within geography.
- Delivers effective on-label technical and scientific presentations utilizing approved data, to include supporting data, to appropriately highlight the benefits and risks of the product resulting in sales quota achievement.
- Serve as lead US Commercial contact with targeted accounts in assigned geography and collaborate with all AbbVie and any co-promotion Counterparts including Marketing, Managed Care, Hematology Clinical Coordinators, Thought Leader Liaisons, and contracted SPPs to provide excellent customer support for physicians to the benefit of their patients. Such support should include site support and addressing any potential customer issues.
- Build, implement and communicate strategic and tactical plans for targeted accounts. In collaboration with sales leadership and other appropriate AbbVie or Co-Promote partners, facilitate site physician/treatment team training on approved and safe use of AbbVie's products. Monitor and report sales progress. Provide routine communications to all internal and external (as applicable) partners.
- Act as AbbVie key point of contact to each account. Respond to or direct customer to the appropriate service or point of contact for their questions or requests and actively follow-up. Take lead in coordinating and ensuring any needed or requested support is delivered in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the account.
- Attend and actively participate in local clinician boards, societies, meetings and the like. Represent AbbVie and assigned products at such venues, build/improve new/existing relationships. Channel key information, developments or findings to internal partners/stakeholders. All communications in these forums are on-label.
- Remain current on all clinical, market, and payer developments, tends, and issues specific to oncology.
- Complete all AbbVie required training and maintain adherence to all company policies and OEC/Legal procedures.
- Within assigned accounts and geography, seeks out important information and articulates implications to our business and to our customers' business'.
- Transfers knowledge to appropriate internal partners and integrates standard methodologies that have tangible value for customers and patients across assigned brands to benefit the geography.
- Establishes and maintains a complete understanding of approved product label and disease state knowledge for impactful use with customers.
- Optimizes both external and internal data, resources, and tools to identify sales opportunities and program strategy for customers in assigned territories.
- With the approval of legal/OEC, actively participates in relevant organizational programs in local markets.
- Develops a strong command of available selling resources and tools; fully demonstrates those resources to support selling strategies and maximize impact.
- Provide all physician detailing using AbbVie approved materials and in accordance with all of AbbVie's policies and procedures.
- An essential requirement of your position is to meet health care industry representative (HCIR) credentialing requirements to gain entry into facilities and organizations that are in your assigned territory. These HCIR credentialing requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, and proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years Oncology or Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales/Account Executive experience.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
- Strong eye for business; analytical ability to analyze diverse sets of data using multiple tools and define account/program strategies that drive business objectives.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of how to effectively meet customer needs in a complex environment through forward-thinking, innovative strategies that align with the company and customer objectives.
- Effectively demonstrate leadership skills; ability to lead without direct authority. Has experience with successfully developing teams on complex projects or challenges to achieve results.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- 5+ years Oncology or Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales/Account Executive experience.
- Experience operating in a Specialty Pharmacy Provider environment.
- Oncology and/or account management experience.
- People management or other leadership experience