Associate Scientist, Oncology R&D, CAR-T / TCR
bluebird bio’s Oncology R&D team is fired up about engineering T cells to kill tumors. Our team works hard in a closely-coordinated way to do more than any of us could accomplish on our own, and we have fun together while doing it! Join our team to help us develop new cancer-fighting T cell products that may someday change lives. If you want to work side-by-side on science that takes your breath away, come unleash your talents on the problems we need to solve to make these therapies real for our patients.
About the role:
- Use lentiviral vectors to genetically modify freshly isolated T lymphocytes
- Expansion and maintenance of gene modified T cell cultures
- Characterize genetically modified primary T lymphocytes using standard immunological assays including flow cytometry
- Compile and present research data to functional teams
- Maintain a lab notebook and contribute to support documentation when necessary
- Contribute to experimental design and project direction
- Provide critical lab support while working in a collaborative team environment
- BS/MS cell biology, immunology or related discipline with 2+ years’ experience in immunology. Cancer immunology a plus. Position commensurate with experience.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture is necessary. Experience with the culture of human T lymphocytes is a plus.
- Experience with standard immunological assays is a plus
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Graphpad Prism is a plus.
- Experience acquiring and analyzing flow cytometry data
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize work activities to meet schedules and deadlines. Superb organizational skills.
- Bring curiosity and technical excellence to science that directly impacts patients
- Effectively work independently and as part of a collaborative team comprised of multiple functional groups
- Capable of critical thinking and problem solving
- Understanding of safe lab practices and BSL requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- “Do-what-it-takes” attitude
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: be colorful, b cooperative, b you