Corporate Affairs Manager - Patient Assistance Programs
Amgen is seeking a Corporate Affairs Manager - Patient Assistance Programs (PAP) to be based at our corporate campus located in Thousand Oaks, California. This Manager will report directly to the Patient Assistance Programs Senior Manager of Corporate Affairs.
The Corporate Affairs Manager - PAP will play a key role in supporting Amgen's PAP program through advanced analytics, financial planning, packaging operating reviews and Board of Directors materials, as well as general project management and operations. The Manager will work closely with the Senior Manager and Director of Patient Access in supporting PAP operations and will have responsibility for analytics and budgeting. This role offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced matrix environment with cross functional Amgen teams partnered or aligned to support Amgen's PAPs.
Key responsibilities of the Corporate Affairs Manager - PAP will include:
Advanced Data Analytics and Reporting
- Develops product demand forecasts for ASNF (all 16 brands)
- Performs data analytics to support PAP team in decision making (e.g., scenario building, forecasts, exposure models, product launches, areas for improvement)
- Develops custom reports and presentation materials for key stakeholders (e.g., ASNF BOD, USVA Marketing, PAP Governance Committee)
- Performs benchmarking research and analysis
- Ensures data quality
Finance and Budgeting
- Maintains financial reporting and analysis
- Manages PAP Operating Expense & Quarterly LE
- Supports budgeting process for PAP programs including developing annual budget in partnership with Amgen Finance and Third Party Accounting firm
- Manages supplier contracts and invoicing
Support Program Operations
- Aids in process improvement and enhanced protocols
- Assists in reconciliation activities of adverse events and product complaint reports related to Amgen products
- Supports vendor management activities
- Provides Patient / Provider escalation research
Master's degree and 2 years of advanced analytics and/or finance and/or PAP experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of advanced analytics and/or finance and/or PAP experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of advanced analytics and/or finance and/or PAP experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Journalism and/or advanced analytics and/or finance and/or PAP experience
- Advanced degree in business, modeling or analytics
- 2+ years of patient assistance program and/or access reimbursement experience
- Proficient in decision analysis and probabilistic modeling methods
- Ability to modulate communications based on target audience
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrates high creativity; is largely self-directed, able to work with some supervision, and function effectively on multidisciplinary teams, both as participant and leader
- Strong executive presence with senior leaders including the ability to communicate effectively on a prepared and ad-hoc basis
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Action and results-oriented individual
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication skills, self-confidence, decisiveness
- Advocates strategic positions in the face of uncertainty
- Comfortable with ambiguous work assignments and experience managing change in a complex, matrix organization
- Team oriented player with strong work ethic
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.