Business Development Manager
This position is responsible for business development efforts for G-CON in a specified region. This position shall also work with customers to understand their needs and to provide POD-based solutions for their needs. The Manager of Business Development shall work with the Director of Sales Engineering and sales engineers to provide technical documents to customers such as clean room (POD) layouts and quotes and design drawings and other plans to show the customer’s process in PODs.
• Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning, including sales and financial performance
• Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
• Provide regular communication about prospects and sales opportunities.
• Identify potential clients, and the decision makers, influencers within the client organization. Also identify external business and consulting relationships and their role in decision-making.
• Work with entire G-CON team, from engineering, marketing, manufacturing and more, to develop solutions and proposals that meets the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Attend industry functions and provide feedback and information on market and trends.
• Work with independent sales representatives to successfully market and sell our products
• Build professional relationships with prospects through networking, communications and interactions
• Will oversee a multi-state sales territory with some overseas customers
Essential Job Functions:
Essential job functions represent the fundamental job duties and accountabilities of the employment position that the individual holding the position must be capable of performing. Persons with disabilities can perform these with or without reasonable accommodations. The CEO or his designee may assign other duties limited to those consistent with the applicable scope of the appropriate professional job function.
Manages sales needs for POD based projects - 25%
• Oversees strategic planning, development and coordination for the sale of PODs and furthers the Company’s sales objectives
• Directs the POD design implementation of the customer’s manufacturing process and requested equipment needs
• Oversees the sales functions for G-CON Manufacturing
Oversees the management of customer projects - 25%
• Establishes meeting(s) with customer(s) and determines the facility or process design needs
• Oversees and maintains direct contact with customers before and/or after the sale
• Ensures that customer inquiries are responded to in a timely manner
• Responsible for ensuring the feasibility of POD technology within the customers’ requirements
• Holds all responsible parties involved in a project accountable and within the set timeline
Provides sales support for engineering application- 25%
• Provides scientific and technical expertise to develop solutions as related to the application and implementation of PODs and services to customers
• Develops specific marketing plans and identifies prospective clients and markets for product areas within the Company
• Interprets and translates conceptual designs into commercial implications and works with other members of sales and marketing to optimize market opportunities
Tradeshow Attendance and Publications - 15%
• Gives presentations at regional conferences or customer venues
• Writes articles and scientific papers for publication purposes
• Attendance and preparation for trade shows and partner events which will require travel
Marginal Job Functions:
Marginal job functions identify accountabilities that are performed but are not essential as defined above. Marginal job functions may be reassigned and must not prohibit the employment of a person with disabilities.
Technical Documents and Training - 10%
• May provide input for technical documents and application notes
• May provide customer training and consulting related to POD use and function
• May be required to establish training modules or concepts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree in business, communications, sales, marketing, engineering, microbiology or related field
Minimum of 3 years: Business development or sales experience in the manufacturing arena or similar role
Basic Knowledge in cGMP, qualification or process validation requirements
Basic Knowledge in cleanroom and/or controlled area designs and specifications
Basic Knowledge in facility lay-out and regulatory requirements for pharmaceutical and biotech products
Basic Knowledge in project management and related coordination of different functions
Basic Skill in report writing, articulation and correspondence with customers
Advanced Skill in basic computer functions such as word processors, spreadsheets, and internet usage
Language Abilities: Pharmaceutical and/or biotech work experience, preferably related to design of related facilities, areas or processes
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, and work place policies. Ability to analyze, interpret general business periodicals, procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to analyze and interpret technical research journals. Ability to write professional correspondences. Ability to present information in small group and large group situations to customer, strategic business partners, the general public, and other employees. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the community. Ability to effectively present information to administrators, top management, public groups, community, and Board of Directors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and design and interpret charts and graphs to communicate business issues. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inferences to engineering and business issues.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form to carry out business objectives. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Customer focus and action-oriented. Approachable and team oriented. Reliable performance under little structure. Flexibility and coping with change. Multitasking. Ability to maintain composure in a stressful environment. Freedom to work from supervision.
• Ability to make decisions and recommendations
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism with personnel and management
• Collaborative team player
• Ability to gather, organize and analyze information skillfully
• Ability to lead effectively
• Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
• Must be able to communicate effectively through oral and written communication
• Capital equipment a plus.