Director, Project Management
Director, Project Management
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. is a growing South San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to cancer immunotherapy. We are looking for an experienced project management leader to partner with project teams to execute our plans for key Development projects.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Develop and successfully execute written project plans and integrated timelines in collaboration with Research project team members.
- Collaboratively partner with cross functional team members from key functional areas including Research, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Quality, Clinical and Finance to develop and execute integrated product development plans to achieve goals.
- Maintain functional alignment of plans with project strategy; track key project activities and actions, timelines, and costs to meet project goals.
- Manage all aspects of the project team meetings, including scheduling, agendas, facilitation, and minutes for project team meetings ensuring regular, efficient team and stakeholder communication
- Direct Contract Management activities for assigned outsourcing engagements including contract changes, issue resolution, contract clarifications
- Synthesize numerous sources of data and key analysis translating into specific actions to support company strategy.
- Ensure adequacy of project resources with research team and Department Heads.
- Anticipate, identify, communicate, and propose resolution options for discrepancies in priorities, plans, and activities for immediate resolution.
- Establish and monitor team member responsibilities, if applicable.
- Develop and implement processes to provide or create information to enable informed decision making within teams.
- Manage competing timelines and prioritize critical tasks.
- Track project status and effectively communicate it to project team members and senior management through distribution of minutes, PT dashboards, and document archiving as appropriate
- Proactively identify and manage key long-term project issues.
- Effectively working with Finance, project team representatives and department managers to develop project budgets and monitor spending against plan.
- Lead the development of standards for project and process management
- Assess project issues and develop solutions by liaising with management, department heads and team leaders.
- Negotiate and reconcile project resources
- Set agendas, facilitate meetings, develop minutes, capture action items and drive project teams to meet milestones.
- Facilitate resolution of issues pertaining to project priorities and team dynamics.
- Maintain project timelines, and track against milestones
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the Life Sciences. An advanced degree is a plus with at least 10 years of successful experience developing pharmaceutical or biotechnology drugs; experience within oncology and/or immuno-oncology preferred. PMP certification is a plus
- An in-depth understanding of the pharmaceutical development process, from early stage therapeutic development through IND approval process
- 5-7 years’ experience in cross-functional project team management and scientific experience in biotech and/or pharma industry.
- Familiarity with FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CBER) protocols and guidelines as well as overall understanding and knowledge of IND application filing process.
- Solid understanding of functional area roles, and responsibilities, antibody product development activities and interdependencies, project planning experience a must.
- Proven ability to independently integrate and manage multiple projects and/or sub-team plans simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, and basic Office software, e.g. word-processing, power point, and spreadsheet software, required.
- Ability to positively influence others towards the best interest of company and product goals while keeping the attainment of project milestones on track.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Effective record keeping and presentation skills are required as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with other team members.
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills; interpersonal, oral and written. In addition to his or her core competency, the successful candidate will have established a broad working knowledge of core pharmaceutical disciplines, including clinical development, regulatory affairs, manufacturing, translational medicine, intellectual property,
- Proven ability to work within a team environment, effectively lead projects and drive them to conclusion.
- Self-starter who works with a sense of urgency and functions as a strong team player effectively working with other disciplines.
- Adaptability, flexibility, independence and resourcefulness to roll-up-sleeves and multi-task in order to thrive in a small company environment.
- Proven ability to proactively identify challenges, possess strategic foresight and implement appropriate course of action
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment.
Qualified candidates may submit their cv to email@example.com