Manager, Global Medical Communication
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provides accurate development of up to 60% of time on global core content, summarizes clinical guidelines, and assists in the development/approval of Data on File in accordance with policies and practice standards. Ensures content conveys a clear message. Provides review and approval of content, including complex and sensitive information. Ensures compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Represents AbbVie Medical Information at global and key scientific conferences, as required.
- Able to evaluate data, and maintain an in-depth understanding of product knowledge, associated disease states, treatment guidelines, labeling, and relevant internal data for therapeutic area.
- May serve as an active member of Global and/or Area/Local Medical Affairs and/or commercial teams for products with limited complexity and/or indications. May receive direction from more senior members of medical information.
- May partner with colleagues (Brand Teams, Hub management, Global/Regional TA Leads, Area/Regional medical) to ensure creation of meaningful core content to meet customer needs.
- Assists in providing solutions to deliver information to customers in unrivaled and innovative ways (e.g. SMS, video, podcast). Commercially aware of the needs of internal and external customers.
- Critically evaluates literature, interprets data, and adapts delivery of information to a variety of audiences.
- Identify global medical information insights based on Medical Information inquiries and partner with cross-functional colleagues to identify scientific gaps and strategic solutions.
- Assist in the development and delivery of core content and medical information training.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, PA, Pharmacy, PhD in Health Sciences, or MD/DO program. Advanced degree preferred. licensure for practice, if appropriate for field.
- 2+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, 4+ years' experience in health care related field, or has participated in the AbbVie PDP program. Understanding of relevant therapeutic area(s) required, with an understanding of how medical information content and communications supports AbbVie business needs. Drug Information residency preferred.
- Ability to coordinate and lead multidisciplinary and cross-divisional meetings. Possess interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory environment of pharmaceutical industry desired.
- Possesses collaboration attributes and cultural sensitivity.
- Must possess excellent oral and written English communication skills. Knowledge of a second language an advantage.
- Experience in providing unrivaled solutions for delivery of medical information desired.
- Maintains understanding of product knowledge, labeling, and meaningful data. Able to apply knowledge across therapeutic areas.
- Proven clinical understanding of disease states and the implications of treatment. Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, statistical concepts, and independent evaluation and interpretation of literature.