Senior Research Associate in Process Development
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical stage company with facilities and laboratories in South San Francisco, CA. PACT is developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. We are in the San Francisco bay area, in the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
PACT is developing tumor-mutation targeted T Cells tailored for each patient. Tumor mutation (neoE) targeting is programmed into the patient’s own T cells to seek out & kill the tumors. Using (non-viral) precision genome engineering, the neoE-targeted Tcell receptors (TCRs) replace the endogenous TCR of fresh CD8 and CD4 T cells collected from that same patient followed by minimal expansion in closed systems for re-infusion into the patient. These patient-specific neoTCR-P1 cells are formulated to immediately kill all neoantigen-expressing tumors, together with a deep reservoir of ‘ready-to-go’ neoTCR-P1 cells for long term persistence and capable of rapid expansion to prevent future cancer recurrence.
We are currently recruiting the Research Associates for our Process Development Unit. This position will be based in South San Francisco.
The candidate will work with the team for the process development of manufacturing for PACT engineered T cells. He/she will interact closely with scientists and other research associates to transfer the technology from small scale research to large scale processes. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with primary human T cells. She/he will be actively performing experiments and should be highly proficient in state of the art techniques for cell culture. The candidate should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment.
- The Research Associate will perform PBMC isolation, cell separation and subset enrichment, cell expansion, formulation and cryopreservation.
- The candidate will perform cell-based assays.
- This individual will complete cell analysis using flow cytometry.
- The ideal candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree with 3+ years’ experience, or hold a master’s degree with 2+ year experience in Cell Biology or related field
- The candidate should be highly goal-driven and have demonstrated the ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives.
- She/he must have excellent organizational skills and should be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports.
- Must have experience in sterile cell culture.
- Proficiency with basic flow cytometry is a must.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate with peers and work effectively in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.