Proteomics Scientist / Senior Scientist
Tegmine is an early-stage, well-funded, startup that’s going to restore futures lost too soon. We believe that the high cost of healthcare can be addressed by mixing biology, technology, and machine learning.
We’re seeking a scientist in the field of proteomics to advance our target discovery efforts to develop ADC and CAR-T therapies. The scientist will be responsible for using our Thermo Orbitrap Fusion Lumos Mass Spectrometer to assist with target identification, validation, and development efforts, and coordinating proteomics efforts with our external collaborators.
- Mass spectrometry: Experience running mass spectrometers using DIA or DDA workflows with limited material using NanoLC.
- Proteomics: Experience with enrichment techniques for characterizing post-translationally modified proteins. Processing tissues / cells for global proteomics studies. Familiarity with data analysis for both global proteomics and targeted assays.
- Organization and clear communication of your results and goals.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience with:
- Thermo Orbitrap spectrometers in HCD, ETD, or EThCD modes.
- Synthetic, or biosynthetic, peptide modification and purification.
- M.S. with 4-6 years laboratory experience or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Proteomics or related fields.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, including equity, paid time off, health coverage, and opportunities for professional growth & development. We promote personal growth and team-building by sponsoring access to the wide variety of artistic & cultural events available in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We love diverse and interesting people. We’re an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to age, disability, gender, genetic background, hair, or national origin. If you're good at what you do and are respectful of your co-workers, please inquire with the "Apply" button.